New NASA spacesuit

The Diving Bell Z-1 i>

21 July 1969. headline New York Times: «People are walking on the moon!»

Could Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to assume that they could set foot on the moon without space suits.

In fact, I do not know what happens if an astronaut into space come in jeans and ponchos. It comes to mind отрывок of all known The Simpsons, which shows that people have a tendency to explode.

Of course, Apollo 11 comes standard suit A7L, which was the highest technological achievement for its time. But like all things NASA, the suit A7L constantly upgraded, and after only 4 missions, Apollo 15 astronauts began using A7LB.

Buzz Aldrin on the surface of the Moon in a spacesuit A7L i>

The Diving Bell A7L without outer shell i>

What did they do to him? They added a «B»

Eugene Cernan on the Moon in a spacesuit A7LB i>

The Diving Bell A7LB without outer shell i>

Among all the other minor changes, A7LB began to provide greater mobility at the waist, allowing astronauts to sit in the Lunokhod.

With each new mission, Apollo, space suits continued to change and improve and go beyond the limits of conventional imagination.

Today, NASA again deeply involved in developing novogoskafandra.

This is only the initial concept and yet no specifications are not known.

He needs a beer holder! blockquote>
Monday began voting to choose the design of the new Z-2 spacesuit. Some are truly futuristic, and in some way ridiculous. But in essence they are the improved models of the current prototype Z-1, which has a soft upper torso. Z-2 is made from durable composite materials, which are ideal for research on Mars that probably we will do on the red planet as soon as there is open Wal-Mart.

Z-2 is also the first spacesuit that will use 3D laser scanning and 3D printing.

You can vote is .

Of course, the development of this suit used by major technology, but, with all due respect to NASA, then as much as technology and phone football 90 -x .

So, you can choose the design of the new suit of the three.

The first option h5> - «Biomimicry» - represents the Earth's oceans, namely some of its inhabitants, who have bioluminescent quality.

His chip is electroluminescent wire extending through the upper part of the body, which becomes visible in low light conditions.

Maybe it's not the most interesting design, but its shell, like a reptile could buy us time with our new extraterrestrial overlords.

The second option h5> - «Technology» - used wire Luminex and light emitter, which can easily help identify team members both in deep space and on the surface.

Really cool design, but I'm sure that NASA just might save a lot of money, I have attached badges for suits with the words:

Hello, my name is ______ blockquote>

The third option h5> - «Trends in Society» - bright colors, imitating the style of racing, reflects how should look progressive casual clothing in the future.

Because of its name, the suit is proud to support the legalization of marijuana and did not want to have children.

Voting ends on April 15 and the winner will be announced on 30 April. After that, NASA will begin creating a new suit, and plans to do it by November, and then begin testing at the Johnson Space Center in Houston.

The tests will take place in a vacuum chamber in a special pool in a simulated Martian environment.

Information taken from the cnn.com.
Translation of the article and prepared team Telebreeze Team . H6>

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/telebreeze/blog/217825/

Tags

See also

New and interesting