Bus ticket office

© Sergey Frolov
Remember, remember was that ?! That saw in LJ - and nostalgia took ...
Further, by the author 4 photos + text:

Suddenly, a man called and offered a bus cashier. Now I have it.

How fast time flies. Many things that seemed completely banal and uninteresting, it is incomprehensible to modern youth.
When I was little, then I listened with interest the stories of parents that the buses did not have cash registers and fares conductors. It seemed it something completely outdated like a locomotive. I like to sit near the cash register, watch as passengers lowered money for travel and turn the knob. If you do not hand was five cents, you could drop a dime, and then watch the cash register and the first who wanted to give up the money, saying, "Do not let five cents, I threw ten».
A transfer money for travel? This action was the whole bus. First, the money to the cashier, and then back to the ticket.

Bus ticket office I liked less than those that were in trams and trolleybuses. Do you know why? Because bus ticket offices change coils are paid only by the driver, which meets both had a key to open the side door.

And at the box office, which stood in the tram and trolley it could make passengers. For me it was a small celebration - go to the driver, said that tickets run out, get a large roll of tickets, and fill in your own cash.

And in 1991, the era of cash registers suddenly ended. Once prices have soared and the market economy began. And interestingly, cash registers have disappeared! Find a copy of - a great success. Where did they go - I'll never know. But fact is fact.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting