Convicted author smsok "Zaya, I killed Cops"

Hence
The then news on Yap

Novosibirsk Central District Court on Monday sentenced to four years and six months in prison Woman driver of a sports car, shot down to death in late April, the inspector DPS, reports RIA Novosti.

"The court found guilty Melnichenko proven and decided to sentence the defendant to four years and six months of punishment in a penal colony with the deprivation of driving for three years," - said the judge.

According to the investigation, in late April, the 22-year-old Olga Melnichenko overclock on the sports Toyota Soarer and knocked on one of the city's highways inspector Dmitry Chulkova, who was on duty on the road in the crew DPS. From injuries he died on the spot. Conducted examination showed the girl three times exceeding the allowed rate of alcohol.

The police officers claim that shortly before the incident delayed for a couple with a friend drank six liters of beer and went for a drive. Earlier, representatives of the investigation made public SMS-correspondence with phone defendants who wrote boyfriend after the incident: "Zaya, I killed the cops. What should I do? ».

According to the agency, in late July, the court began its consideration of the merits - was read the indictment, began a study of evidence collected by the investigators of the accused were also questioned several witnesses. In particular, the court examined the deceased partner Inspector DPS, who spoke like a sports car knocked him off his colleague.

According to the state prosecutor Marina Trofimova, at a meeting of a defendant who has been detained in the detention center, fully admitted his guilt.

Melnichenko was charged under Section 4 of Article 264 of the Criminal Code (violation of traffic rules in a state of intoxication, resulting in the death of a person), which provides up to seven years in prison.

This case caused a public outcry. Representatives of the local traffic police appealed to the regional and city councils of deputies to develop a law prohibiting unauthorized racing. The request relates to the fact that traffic police officers shot down was a girl at the club racers - lovers of sports racing cars. The traffic police have explained the need for such measures lack effective leverage on the organizers of racing.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting