Superheroes are there?

These heroes in costumes like jumped from the pages of comic books or the next Hollywood blockbuster, but all of them - ordinary people who are united by one special feature - the inhuman desire to fix our sick society.

21 Photo © PETER TANGEN / BARCROFT USA

1. American photographer Peter Tangen took pictures of ordinary people (who did not wish, however, to reveal their real names) for their project "superhero in real life." These photos allow us to look into the small but growing niche unusual altruistic behavior.

2. "I have been working as a freelance photographer in the industry kinomarketinga, I took photographs for such films as" Spider-Man "and" Batman "Christian Bale - says 50-year-old Peter. - I am interested in this phenomenon, when ordinary people dress up as superheroes. However, I was struck with how disrespectful people speak of those who decided to help others. After all, it's not in costume and their legend, and that they really help people. " In the photo: "Crimson Fist" - a night watchman Atlanta. In his first night patrolling the city, he saw two attacked the young man. He stepped in without hesitation. Men, apparently, afraid of his strange costumes and masks, and fled. Victim also ran

3. "I want to create a full series of posters on conventional superhero in North America, to draw public attention to the fact that these people are doing."

4. Thanatos - standing and respected member of the community of superheroes. He lives in Vancouver. "Once I was able to take it off, I pulled up the other superheroes, and very soon we had planned a photo shoot in Los Angeles at the end of September." Thanatos, also known as Dark Avenger, patrolling the streets of Vancouver, rescuing those in need.

5. Poster Thanatos, who borrowed the name from Greek mythology.

6. In the world of "real" superhero male Knicks rescues homeless and former drug addicts in New York.

7. A poster with the Knicks, who started her "career" superheroine in 16 years

8. Citizen Prime - one of the most respected members of the community of superheroes. He recently retired, but many "real superheroes" still come to him for advice.

9. Poster Citizen Prime armored create a club of fans of medieval culture in California.

10. Mission superhero named Life (Life) - to help the homeless, especially those who are freezing in the streets of New York in winter. Dressed in a mask, vest and coat, he goes out into the streets of his native city, armed with toothbrushes, soap, food and chocolates.

11. Life wants to help those in need.

11. Life wants to help those in need.

13. Armed with two clubs, Knight-duty helps homeless and pursue offenders.

14. Zetamen helps to restore order in Portland, Oregon, but he suggests it ... the Internet. He launched "The Real Adventures Zetamena" - the first online "series" about the adventures of a real superhero.

15. Zetamen chose his name, potmou believes it looks cool italics. "I'm trying to help the hungry homeless Portland - says Zetamen. - I never ran into criminals on the streets, but I'm well prepared - I studied martial art of aikido. " By the way, Zetamen - the only one who agreed to tell his real name and age. Ilya King, 31 years

16. Dressed in a suit with a 13-D stars, symbolizing the first US states, the District of Columbia Guard walks the streets of Washington with copies of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence. Explaining the importance of the passers-by their common national democracy, Sentinel does not show his face at the same time. He says he does not want to open your face to white, black, Asians and Mexicans could be behind that mask themselves on an equal footing.

17. A poster with the Guardian District of Columbia.

18. Battling with the "effect of passersby," the superhero with a simple name ... Superhero running in Clearwater, Florida

19. Former professional wrestler and now the owner of an online store of fitness equipment, Superhero is the founder of "Team of justice" - the first non-profit organization for the "real superheroes" in the United States.

20. Geist patrols the streets of Minneapolis, erasing and correcting hooligan graffiti

21. Describing itself as a "green space cowboy", Geist superhero patrolling the streets of Rochester, Minnesota, punishing graffiti artists and helping the hungry and homeless. He is armed with a slingshot and a club - it is a legal weapon in Minnesota - but so far not Geist had to let them in business. And, hopefully, will not have

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting