Watch out for the car.

I think many of you who have seen the videos on YouTube or photos, and even here on Yap.
Accident when the driver knocked at high speed ran out onto the road elk or deer, but in general, any little animal, and naturally in large cases, it ends rather tragic ...

So in Denver we decided to get rid of all of this terrible fate.

6 photo

inforotor.ru

In the twentieth century is actively built road and rail bridges. At the end of the twentieth in vogue bridges for pedestrians. And now began to appear bridges for different small animals, and even insects. Here in Denver even held an architectural competition for the construction of a bridge over the highway I-70 West, necessary for the safe migration of wild animals.

Every year, the United States loses about eight billion dollars due to collisions with cars dopey animals. A particularly large number of traffic accidents occur on the motorway I-70 West, leading to the west of the city of Denver. It is through her migratory routes are bears, cougars, bobcats, deer and other wild inhabitants of the forest.

Here, in order to reduce this tragic statistics, the American humanitarian organization ARC, and held a contest for the best project to build a bridge, designed to ensure that animals are crossed by the said highway him.

The competition that was presented to dozens of works from which the jury selected five finalists. All works for the finals, provide for the establishment not only the bridge, but most of this continuation of the forest surrounding the Road I-70 West. After all, animals do not have to experience the discomfort and stress, they should be in a natural environment for themselves.

Moreover, the company ARC plans to continue to use the idea, turned out in the competition for the creation of similar bridges across the United States. After Denver - this is not the only place in the country where the animals are killed under the wheels of cars.

Of course, we can only praise the organizers and participants of the architectural competition for the care of the physical and mental health of wild animals. That's just not clear how they will be able to make bears and cougars move along this path, specially created for them, the bridge, even if not all people have learned to use pedestrian crossings and traffic lights.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting