How long have you been the last time in the Archaeological Museum, remember? I suspect, had not been.
And therefore I invite you to visit the museum "Berestye" in what is now the Brest Fortress.
38 ph via antares-610
1. The museum is located on a promontory at the confluence of Mukhavets and Western Bug, where the Detinets the ancient city.
2. Open in 1982 and is the marquee modern architecture, covering the excavation.
3. Ice boulder embossed with a cross on it.
4. One of the latest discoveries - the remains of the focus of X century.
5. Large-scale excavation uncovers plot crafts quarter of the town of the XIII century, located at a depth of four meters. Remains of buildings, of course, conserved, but they will still deteriorate, in an anoxic marshy ground, they would be far better preserved. But do not worry - excavated a twentieth part of the settlement.
6. Here, 28 log buildings.
7. The two buildings are preserved as much as 12 crowns (both visible in the foreground and background).
8. Excavation cross two streets, paved with wooden flooring.
9. Decks store up to six layers deep.
10. Berestye - one of the oldest cities in Belarus. First mentioned in "The Tale of Bygone Years" in 1019.
11. The city was a fortress at the turn of the Eastern Slavic and Polish lands, an important transit trade center, craft and trade center of the surrounding area. Disposition of the city was quarterly.
12. From the enemy defend the town a wooden wall on bulk earthwork ramparts and defensive moats. In the thirteenth century there were brick defensive tower and the church.
13. City takes about four hectares, its population was half-two thousand.
14. Entries in log huts were raised above the ground. To enter, you had to duck and step over the threshold.
15. Doors and stairs, found during excavations.
16. The interior does not possess any variety or trim. It is necessary to note that it is lived in the huts, and not in the huts, a characteristic of Western Belarus today.
17. Even a small stove to heat could close the premises. Where was the smoke - a mystery.
18. Ware was made by local craftsmen, or shipped from the Black Sea.
21. Crafts Beresteis'ka blacksmiths.
22. Weapons, stirrups, spurs, the castle, the principle of which has remained a mystery to me.
23. Remarkably preserved instrument.
24. And what are these board right guess yourself
25. Shoes. I do not know how it was restored, but it looks impressive. Almost modern Gym shoes called pistons.
26. Trendy children boots spring and autumn 1267.
27. Not too lazy to manually do wavy edge ...
28. Remains of woolen cloth.
30. Multi-colored glass bangles and today almost the same.
31. The gold and silver jewelry.
32. Items of Christianity. Next were the subject of pagan cult - some painted animal teeth sharpened.
33. Offsuit items: a comb fine workmanship, kitchen knife, hairpin of someone's tooth ...
35. Fragments medieval cow that less current and a half times.
36. Finally - all sorts of nasty things
37. Remains skotinku: cat, dog, horse and bison.
38. Parts of wild boar, wolf, beaver, and horns all wiped out as a kind of tour.