Out on the balcony - ... you look through a telescope!

I have a colleague and friend - Chelovechische with a capital letter. We all know him as a Thomas'a. He himself was a programmer. But as a child, like all Soviet boys wanted to fly into space. Union collapsed, and the dream remained. Link to the stars turned into a hobby and has recently completed his own apartment in a telescope. He did it a few years. And he did!

Letters and many ph. Do not break, please! How to finish - please.

He himself says that I do not remember exactly when the idea was born. Probably right after launch rocket designed by himself, did not overcome the barrier of the stratosphere.

The project he be called "Boys oh boys." The purpose of the project: the production of 150 mm mirror. Workpiece thickness 23 mm. The focal length of 1300 mm.

School had attempted to end an already mature age, having in an apartment, in addition to ideas, even his wife and two wonderful children.

I got our hero to his parents in the village, so as not to disturb their mental health unnecessarily harsh sounds, and began to align all its undulations.

12:00 hellish work was marked by a bucket-ground abrasive, but she only steklyaha ready to form the recess. Outside it was in August 2009.

Stripping continued abrasive wheel. Even a week later I started doing polisher. The cement base with armaturinami inside was successfully done and lay a week to harden. This was - epoxy base hardened at the second attempt.

Next - a classic: propylene grooves set to grind. It took 5 approaches. After one unsuccessful attempt turned out that he was somehow not measured focal and it proved already 2 meters. Grinding along the chord and then the normal grinding done their job. Other times using elutriated abrasives, as it turned out he descended below factions M14, mirror even begin to reflect the lamp is not in an oblique light. Well, at this stage, he scratched the mirror.

It was then turned the whole spy operation to ascertain the root causes of scarring. For this he was seconded to Ukrastroforum. Then he made his way into the holy of holies - the workshop of Alexander Petrovich, and was convinced that he had no sverhsterilnaya laboratory where they all go in white coats.

My friend made a mirror in the kitchen and the conditions there were almost the same. So, the thing is abrasive! Once pulled factory abrasives and polish to a mirror M 14, it turned out that he achieved the same result over and over again. It was a shame.

Conclusion - elutriated abrasives can be sanded to the same since, and the factory, just a fraction of hard to guess. Yes, and to extract and decant abrasives - gemorrno. It is better to buy the same.

Here is now the mirror:

This stanochek:

The grinding tool on stanochke:

Cast polishing:

Forming the pad:

But he molded:

Grinding is done. He postponed the grinding tool to the side and started looking for materials for polishing. My father was seized rosin resin has been exchanged for a condensing lens. Basis for polisher - steel disc. The basis of the bulge has been given on the advice of ZAP.

Lepota:

And another:

Tenevichek was made from CD-ROM drive. Shadow picture showed that the center and the edges are omitted. However, not very much.

The blades are attached to the magnets is very convenient to change the size of the gap. I did brightness control. LED red out of the optical mouse.

Check-c:

The frame is almost ready, it remains to find a beautiful bolts.

Close :)

Thomas on optics Smiley:

"The field just drop dead, coma seen only in 25% of the region in the 20mm eyepiece. Coma prinitsipe minimum and more sin on the eyepiece (rented sintovsky complete "Super" Plesl 20 mm), as the picture is very much dependent on the position of the eyes. And when caught optimal position, the stars were just a fairy tale. Have not noticed a spherical aberration when viewed in fig 6 mm eyepiece, try again later to check. If it is, it is quite small, as long-focus eyepieces more asterisks appear impaled.

While the sky will give a more visual access to the balcony, right back hurts already ยป.

Another view

Here:

Tape off the film, not the final version of a lot of misses, and the film does not hide irregularities. Well, for the first time go.

It was:

So:

During these 2 years that my friend built a telescope, it is still a lot of things done. None of us sitting in the office, had no idea where he is in a hurry every night, without stopping for a traditional glass of beer.

Now Thomas promises to take us on a night nature to admire some kind of nebula far from the city lights.

P.S. Our hero is very grateful to Alexander Petrovich (ZAP), Jura (Journeyman) for helpful advice and materials. His parents - for the provision of the facilities and space to experiment and work with toxic materials. And, of course, his wife - for having tolerated the green and white sink full of grit. Because soap then these shells and eating utensils are not crunched on the teeth ...

Posted in [mergetime] 1312530912 [/ mergetime]
That's all I wanted to say. Thank you for attention!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting