How do we updated the sofa.

We have a home for more than three-meter corner sofa. Four years of operation were not in vain for that light, in every sense, the subject of the interior. Sofa is in the hall, used mostly folded, expanded only when guests stay overnight. Thoughts on how to update your sofa, or at least make it clear, visited me for a long time and considered several options. Climb on the Internet and ask friends, I realized that cleaners such as "Vanish" no dirt washes, and at best, smear it or being driven deeper. Cleaning services office or professional peretyagivateley furniture seemed expensive and unjustified, for this, frankly, is not very high-quality sofa. In addition, the sofa was necessary not only cleaning, but also partial renovation.
And then I came across this topic on Yap.
And in my head, I stuck a new idea, not whether to buy the fabric and win seats on their own couch? But then the idea has transformed some downward time and money if still the sofa apart, why not try to start a wash cloth and if it is not washed off, then buy new material and cut cases? Well, let's see what this idea turned out.

Will be 23 photos.

Here he is our hero:

2. Remove the cushions, they have removable covers and wash with no problem. Traces of use, as well as a cat, invisible to the naked eye:

3. The seams on the cover in some places broke, the front piece of wood sofa frame breaks:

4. But we have nowhere to retreat, so proceed. Separate the corner portion with the "whale" and remove the roll-out mechanism. Then turn over the long part of the sofa and see that the furniture And this is clearly gathered from some otpilkov, cuttings, plywood, chipboard and curved bars and keeps it all just by furniture staples and possibly superimposed spells:

5. The seat is secured by four corners, but we unscrew six screws (collectors to save on everything))).

6. The chief assistant was everywhere:

7. Getting the most tedious occupation. Husband knife bends clamps and forceps, I get them:

8. Braces were very many, and under the protective fabric turned the same amount:

9. These are the staples of a handful of four typed with each layer:

10. Turn off the seat angle and repeat the procedure. Meanwhile, the "holy place is never empty»:

11. To remove the covers, just in case we mark to \ ass and send to the laundry.

12. The next evening, the work continues. Place scrapping bearing bar:

13. The six-foot galvanized area strengthen the broken bar:

14. Close the foam:

15. Cases ironing:

16. Seams stitched by double seam:

17. And gather it all back. First stretched and anchoring Case:

18. Then, the protective fabric:

19. Return the items in place. Larva kote right there:

20. For comparison, it was and it was:

21. Well finished version.
Everything was much easier than expected. The result pleases. Two years later, if the sofa will not collapse completely, the fabric is still going to change at least the brand and stronger.
Total:
 - Material costs: 500 rubles per Area, stapler, staples, screws and beer for my husband.
 - Effort: 5 man-hours koto.
Thanks to all. That's all I wanted to say.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting