Air delivery Mercedes

Writes Alexander Cheban (alexcheban)
Sheikh decides to buy a cool car, well, he would not take it on the sea! It is a long time ... But the plane! Market transporting luxury cars for air inlet is - one of the very sought-after segments of freight traffic in the Middle East. That is why the airline Qatar Airways has decided to show his truck Airbus A330-200F along automaker Mercedes, most likely, was the most agile :) At an air show in Dubai, they staged a great performance by loading the top of Mercia in a cargo plane!

Visually evaluating the ship, I thought that it could carry 10 Well, well, 12 cars odnovrmenno how wrong I was ...
Even asking you, my dear readers, the range of opinions was very considerable, and correctly answered only 4 people, so that a small distribution of elephants tokens for the correct answer under the cut :)

Airbus A330 - is a wide-body passenger aircraft company Airbus, designed for medium and long distances, equipped with two turbofan engines. A330 first flight took place on 1 November 1992 in version A330-300. To date, customers sent more than 1,000 machines.

That total infographics for the A330 family:

The cargo version of the A330 has been demonstrated in 2000-2001. However, its sale during this period has not been started. A330-200F re-emerged only at the air show in Farnborough in 2006, and a final decision on the launch of the production was made in January 2007. The first A330-200F was made in Toulouse October 20, 2009 The first flight took place on November 5, 2009 < br />
Attentive readers will see the differences in the appearance of the nose of the plane down:

A330-200F is a midsize long-haul cargo aircraft capable of carrying a load of 65 tonnes over a distance of 4,000 nautical miles (7,400 km) or 70 tons of cargo over a distance of up to 3,200 nautical miles (5950km). The plane uses a new universal system loading on the upper deck, allowing to place as pallets and containers. There are several options for arranging cargo on the upper deck, designed for different markets and freight flows.

To compensate for the A330 ground position with an emphasis on the nose the nose landing gear has been redesigned. Use standard rack A330-200, but its upper attachment point shifted downward, which required installation at the bottom of the front part of the fuselage of the blister, covering the rack in the retracted position. This solution allowed us to obtain a flat surface of the upper deck.

The power plant consists of two engines Pratt & Whitney PW4000 or Rolls-Royce Trent 700. General Electric has no plans to offer engines for modification A330-200F.

The world is now supplied and operated 25 A330-200F from a total of 39 orders placed. The latest development of Airbus, is A330P2F, which combines the advantages of the A330-200F and the A330-300F.

But back to Mercedes and air show in Dubai:

On smku inside I had no more than 1 minute, so not a lot of shots, but I wonder:

Qataris and Mercedes decided to show several cars and set out in a row on a deck, all was 8 machines.

The small passenger compartment in front of the cockpit:

Kubik. How can this please ?! I do not understand.

©

Tags

See also

New and interesting