Flight into the stratosphere on the MiG-29

From the words of the author: climb to an altitude 17,900 feet. The maximum speed of 1,800 kilometers per hour (Mach 1.7). Maximum overload was 9 g. After the flight, I still doubt in the estimates of this event, but now I can say - this is the most outstanding event for all 30 years of his life.

Fly from the factory Sokol in Nizhny Novgorod. Flight of charge, of course. The plant has found a way to pay for flight test pilots and bring joy to the tourists. Regular flights - business invoices. And so - the pilot practices, and people - the opportunity to fly on a real fighter. Fly on combat-capable MiG-29.

To start conduct a medical exam given to sign papers that in the event of death will be no one to blame, and then trained. At the briefing talk about the details of the flight and the possible consequences. The worst thing that can happen - this is vomiting. In that case, there is a bag in his pocket. Vomiting starts when flying. Say untrained person 3 "barrel" does not stand in a row. Still talk about the catapult. Here at all easy. In which case, the first pilot pulls the handle and two chairs are shot with a difference of one tenth of a second. Overload time trip catapults can reach 20ZH. But it is short, so do not worry. Overload wear a special suit. Air is supplied through the tube. In the case of cabin depressurization at an altitude of 20 km, the suit will compress the body, so you do not died from sudden changes in pressure.

Go to start.

The first thing inspect aircraft

Place chief pilot.

Ready to fly.

Closes

During one flight, which lasts 45 minutes, the aircraft consumes 2.5 tons of fuel!

Further standard preflight check.

Generally small overload in flight. It's all at the discretion of the pilot. First, make 3-4 m, if the normal state of health, increased to 7. In the end, I asked for a 9ZH. I remember looking at the arrow on overload devices. 7 ... 8 ... 8 5 ... and then I turned off. Somehow it all happened quickly. And you did not lose consciousness, and the impression that you are in the water fell somewhere failed. Dark, and then silence and the incredible lightness, almost weightless. When I woke up, the first thing I thought we broke up and I was in heaven. Very pretty. But no. Now waiting for the video to send GouProshki interesting to see, as far as I passed out. Military pilots are transferred to overload 12ZH without loss of consciousness.

At an altitude gave me to direct the aircraft. Incredibly docile machine. As a computer game. Handle the wheel itself - and pushes you into a chair by yourself - and you are weightless. As the attraction. I, however, quickly lost its course, and the dispatcher told not to fly to the side). Another unforgettable experience.
It's a pity you can not take the camera)
By maneuvers ... Loop Nesterov did not like. Generally did not understand. In the space I am not guided, so much emotion did not cause a revolution. Oblique loop cooler. Coolest - it's "Bell". Plane at an angle of 70 degrees shoots up to 5g overload, then the speed gradually decreases to 0, on the plane slowly filled up, then abruptly nodding. Another very cool when the pilot turned the plane, and we flew upside down just above the clouds.

Secret lab in the factory.

Back to Moscow from Nizhny Novgorod flying conventional passenger overboard YutEira)

Vnukovo someone important was leaving, so we circled around the airport an hour and waited for permission to land.

Sunset today on the Moscow region)

Source: zyalt.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting