17,000 miles

The couple made an amazing 127-day trip, visiting 16 countries, the classic car that they bought for £ 500 on ebay. 54-year-old Clive, and 53-year-old Raven Gillian have lived together 33 years old, made a journey of 17,342 miles on a blue Triumph 1300.
They visited France, Germany, Poland, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Lithuania, Russia, Mongolia, China, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, India.

Mr. Raven: "We traveled a lot, been in Australia and Thailand, but we wanted to try something new. The machine gives you freedom of movement. If we did not like the hotel, we just left. If somewhere we liked, we could stay a few more days. We did what we wanted and when they wanted to. »

They drove along the line, one out of every four days was carried out on the road. At night the couple stayed in cheap motels or campgrounds.

Mr. Raven bought a Triumph for £ 500 on ebay, and he went through it, to prepare for the trip. I thought that even if the trip is unsuccessful, then at least I did not lose a lot of money & quot;
He said: "People thought we were just crazy. They said that we have nothing. Everyone asked, "What if the car breaks down or you become ill on a trip?»

Of course, in different areas, they had to face some challenges.
"The Gobi Desert have become much gasoline to evaporate, because it was very hot. I had some time to repair the car on the way, but only on the little things. Of course, I had some spare parts with a specially for emergencies. »

Mr. Raven said: "In China we had to adhere to assigned route and we had to hire a guide who rode with us in the car. In Laos, we hit the beautiful forests and good-natured people. The sun over the Gobi desert is a sight I will never forget ».
People in many countries joyfully welcomed them, shook their hands. Mr. Raven said: "Being in the old car, we felt some kind of a stronger bond with the outside world than if we were in the new».
According to his calculations the whole trip cost them 10,000 pounds.

Mr. Raven says: "In India, we had to go at night because we had little time, but we wanted a lot of things to see. One day we went on the road, which, we were told, was very dangerous. On the side, I saw a pile of tires and men with sticks. I pressed on the gas and quickly passed this place. The men were beaten with sticks on the car, but I did not stop. »

Despite the fact that they had spent so many hours in a car, the couple say they never quarreled.
"When you have to such a test, you are still nothing more than to unite. We were at a time, working as a team, people did not believe that we will succeed, but we proved to them ».
The couple wants to go to a similar trip next year and plan through him raise money for charity.
Mr. Raven says: "I already miss the days of the trip and I would like to go on a similar trip again- yes tomorrow. «

Translated specifically for fishki.net

--img9--

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Tags

See also

New and interesting