Emerald worth $ 1, 15 million

emerald weighing 11 pounds 5 was put up for auction and is estimated at 1, 15 million. dollars. Green mineral size of a small watermelon, which employs 57,700 carats, to be auctioned off January 28, 2012 at an auction Western Star Auctions, held weekly in British Columbia. Stone, named Theodore (Teodora), was produced in Brazil and faceted in India. Its owner was the buyer-precious stones Reagan Rainey, who emphasizes that it is not a pure izumrud.

"This is the emerald, but the exact amount contained therein emerald is impossible to determine," - says Jeff Nechka gemologist who has studied this jewel. "In the present stone color irregularity, and therefore, at least a quarter of its volume may consist of white beryl - a mineral, is the ancestor of emerald, - he said. - The surface of the stone is very well painted, but I doubt that the green color extends to the full depth. By my estimation, in this case it is advisable to not talk about the whole stone, as a jewel, and his emerald interlayer thickness of 3-5 cm ยป.

Despite the fact that the stone has a deep color, it is so large that its transparency is measured simply impossible. See also: In Japan, selling gold tree for 2 million. Dollars. The cost of land - five quadrillion dollars. In the UK snowdrop bulb sold for a record sum.

Source: onesee.ru/fun/fact/23947-samiy-bolshoy-izumrud-v-mire-vesit-115-kg-i-stoit-115-mln

Tags

See also

New and interesting