We drove up to my brother's house to pick up my mother, she agreed to go to a nursing home.

Old age takes strength not only from people. This is how physiology works in all living things on Earth. Loss of energy, becomes worse vision, hearing. Even, to some extent, the mind seems to be clouded. What can I do, age. Here. Why You Should Care for Weak Elderly People And don't leave them alone.

This, by the way, is the duty of every child who was brought up in a family with the right moral settings. You do not need to cohabit with your parents, your own family is also very important. However, to help, if possible, mother and father is the duty of every adult. We need to deal with these responsibilities at the highest level.

Why you should take care of the weak elderly I love my husband We've been living together for 20 years, but every day with him brings me joy and peace. He's doing car repairs. Started from scratch as an apprentice. And now he has his own little workshop in our town. It's a shame that a rich client has to wait months. But sometimes Zhiguli also needs to be repaired, so that some penny in the budget, but drips.

By the way, we moved to this town after the wedding. Before that, they were born and both lived in a small district center, rather in a village. But then they decided to try their luck elsewhere. But my brother stayed in the village. He married, built a house near his father-in-law and mother-in-law, since his mother had a very small land plot near the house. Just a few trees and a bed. Where to put something in there.

Unfortunately, my mother was left alone. We visited her from time to time. But, you know, it was not possible to stay long. My husband tried to fix something if there were any breakdowns in the house, helped with the garden. But in fact, we were all involved in gardening. The winter season is sacred in our family.

About a year ago, an accident happened. Mom didn't see something and a fire broke out in her house. The interiors were seriously damaged, and even had to extinguish them with a lot of water. So the walls were covered with fungus and mold. Living there has become not something that is not safe, but even impossible. So there was only one way out: moving.

Unfortunately, we don’t have as much space in the apartment as we would like. Two rooms where we live together with our son. In principle, it would be possible to move my mother to us, but my brother was the first to volunteer for help. His house is spacious, many rooms. And the village life of the mother is more familiar than moving to the city. Let it be as small as ours.

However, after some time, my brother, by the way, began to hint to me that he was too weaned from life with my mother. You see, she's actually a good person. But she also has her own subtleties in character. When you're a kid, you don't notice it. But then it's hard for you to see them as you used to. Sometimes there are disputes and resentments. Everyone tries to treat each other with respect.

I told my husband about it, but he just kindly nodded his head. What to do, the usual generational difference. They don't understand us, and we don't understand them. After a couple of months, we brought my mother to stay for a few days. We showed her all the beautiful places and had a good time. My mother complained that my brother didn’t understand her. Became kind of harsh, rude. He doesn't listen to her advice at all. It was hard to hear that from my mother.

Then, when we took my mother back to my brother, my husband offered me one difficult solution. He said he was ready for him for a long time, and it was just my turn. I never liked making difficult choices, but this time I had to make an exception. Do what is best for everyone.

And so, just a week ago, we stopped by my brother's house to take my mom out of his house. His eyes did not give any emotion, but the look of my sister-in-law directly radiated relief and gratitude. Mom was doing something in the garden, but when she saw me and my husband, she dropped everything and ran to hug us.

- I take it they finally found a normal nursing home? Okay, I've long agreed. Stop fighting my son and I over everything.

- Oh, Mom, stop. Let's get going, or we're a little late.

And then my husband took us down the country road to the street where my mother used to live. We moved a little to the right and rested in a small but well-kept house with one floor. There was a well and a well around him. And my mother's best friend lived next door. She sold us some of her land so we could build it.

The husband spent the money on all this from his own reserves. He has long assembled, literally in parts, a rare retro car that was once used by the Soviet party elite. However, for the sake of his mother-in-law, he had to sell his dream and build a small but comfortable housing for her with this money.

Peels Mom was overjoyed. Home, home, friend. What else do you need to feel comfortable in old age? This, of course, does not change the fact that we will visit her in the future. But now our family will not suffer from eternal resentment and misunderstanding. I believe that inner peace and the absence of unnecessary experiences is what we lack in our lives.

I cannot help but praise my husband again. Because it was because of him that we did so well. Take care of your soulmates, because they are the people you can always rely on in difficult times!

Tags

See also

New and interesting