How to care for lilies so that they grow magnificently

The beauty and popularity of gardeners lily can argue with the queen of flowers - rose. The cultivation of lilies has a rich tradition. These flowers have long been considered a symbol of divinity, purity, sophistication and good taste.

According to one Christian legend, white lilies emerged from Eve’s tears after the Lord banished her from paradise. The archangel Gabriel brought the white lily to the Virgin Mary on the day of the Annunciation.

But the most popular lily acquired as the official emblem of the French kings.

Beautiful and fragrant lily, despite its royal status, quite unpretentious. But there are simple techniques that will help to achieve even more lush flowering and accelerate the growth of daughter bulbs.

Admiring lilies, flower growers often dream of breeding their favorite variety. There is no such thing as beauty. You can, of course, try to buy the same bulbs in the gardening store. But they're standing there. Oh, they're not cheap.

Fortunately, there are alternatives. And there are many. Lily is a unique plant. It is able to reproduce daughter bulbs, nest division, seeds, scales, cuttings and even leaves! About some of these methods and related subtleties we will tell in our article.

1. At the end of summer, you can cut the tops of lilies into bouquets so that the “green factory” of the stem can work on the formation of new bulbs.

2. If it is pathetic to cut flowers, they can be freed from the formation of seeds, which takes a large amount of energy.

To do this, it is enough to cut the tips of stamens and pestle with scisors. There is no particular harm from this, the lily will bloom even longer, but will be able to direct more nutrients to the formation of the bulb.

To plant adult lilies, you can separate the mother bulb from the plant. The result is two lilies.

A large maternal bulb with a subtubulous root, which can be planted separately, and a plant with a daughter bulb.

If you decide to plant lilies, the bulb must be pre-treated in a fungicidal preparation "Maxim". https:/ /www.youtube.com/watch? v=iwbOzf7Wq94

To do this, lower it in the solution of the drug for 20 minutes. Then there will be no stains on the leaves, and the plants will not hurt.

To prepare cuttings of lilies, you need to choose shoots that have not yet formed a flower bud.

It is easier to do this at the beginning of summer. Cut the lily stem under the root.

Then it should be divided into cuttings with 4-5 leaves. The cut at the bottom of each cutting should be oblique, and at the top - straight.

Leave no more than two upper leaves (you can even shorten them by half). Lower ones carefully separate. In the sinuses of the lower leaves, roots and small bulbs will subsequently form.

View this post on Instagram

My assistants, you know, this is heteroaxin, these are pills, there are two of them in the package. Using the instructions, I soaked my rose sprouts, and during the day the result showed itself, I have in the tape. I use it a lot. When I breed geraniums, when the plant is withering, I help to recover after the acts, because any filth can eat up the roots of my flowers. It is harmless to us and to plants. When I plant bulbs, I also soak them in this solution. In general, the stimulant is good, and shows itself very well. #heteroauxin#stimulator#stimulants#stimulants#stimulants#giving#garden#garden#garden#garden#plant#seeds#rooting#rooting#rooting#rooting#gardensad

A post shared by garden? cottage? garden? (@dommsad) on Mar 15, 2019 at 9:11am PDT

To accelerate the process of root formation, the cuttings should be covered with grooves (solder) and soaked in a solution of heteroauxin (root growth stimulant) for 6 hours.

Plant cuttings should be in a partially shaded place at a distance of 15-20 cm from each other. The soil should be nutritious and moist, but lilies do not like excessive moisture.

It is better to insert cuttings into the ground at an angle of 45 degrees, with an oblique cut down. All sinuses of cropped leaves should be underground.

Reproduction of the lily with leaves Collect the remaining leaves after cutting the cuttings and lower them with the part that is attached to the stem, in the archer.

Make a groove in loose soil and plant the leaves in groups of 5 pieces, tilting, like cuttings, at an angle of 45 degrees. In this case, the lower third of the leaf should be tightly covered with soil.

In the Middle Ages, every earthly garden was considered a symbol of heaven. Gardens were broken at monasteries, later in castles. And the central place in them was given to plants imbued with Christian symbols, primarily lilies.

We hope that growing lilies with our advice will bring you many pleasant minutes and fill your humble prototype of the Garden of Eden with beauty and grace.

Tags

See also

New and interesting