Sikh from India is the largest turban in the world - 45 kg

16 years motaet

Avtar Singh Mauni from Punjab, India, - the owner of the largest turban in the world. Huge devout Sikh headdress represents 645 meters of fabric weight of 45 kg. Avtar Singh took as much as 16 years to collect a turban, and to put it on, you need six hours. And then you think that you have problems with your morning routine work?

60-year-old man is proud of its unusual multi-colored turban and claims that will carry it until the forces to be missed. "I do not consider it a burden. I am happy most when I wear it, "- explains Singh.

Most followers of Sikhism wear turbans, but more convenient lengths - from five to seven meters. But Avtar Singh literally brought his turban to the next level: he wanted to break the world record for the longest turban - 400 meters - belonging to Major Singh, but took this length gradually.

"I just continued to lay one layer of tissue after the other from top to bottom, as the floors of the building", - he said. According to Avtar Singh, only purple and orange fabric weighs 30 kg, and decorations - the remaining 15 kg. In addition, he also wears a turban sword and heavy bracelets weighing nearly 40 kg.

Fancy dress does not allow its owner just sit in the car and take place in the doorways, so during his pilgrimage to the Punjab, he always rides a motorcycle. He became a celebrity, because it is easily recognizable by the headdress.

"On the street around me is going to a huge crowd - said Avtar. - Some people are so amazed by what they say to me: "You are perfectly suitable for wearing such a large turban. You must have been blessed with a large reserve of energy "».

Avtar Singh became a kind of inspiration for young Sikhs. "These days, many children Sikhs cut their hair and wear turbans forget - says Gurprit Singh, Avtar familiar. - But Avtar reminds us of the importance, which is very good. Sikh community has much to learn from him ».

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting