Send your name to Mars, without leaving your computer

InSight lander NASA based in Denver i>

Even if you do not get to fly to Mars, where you can send at least your name. Agency NASA начало record of the names and surnames , who will fly to Mars, recorded in a microchip on board the lander InSight in 2016. Scientists believe that in this way you can attract the attention of humanity to one of the main tasks for the near future: the development of Mars.

"It's a cool way to get excited about space exploration," - wrote on Twitter William Shatner (William Shatner), best known for playing Captain Kirk in the TV series "Star Trek» (Star Trek). He's already got his boarding pass.

I have mine NASAInSight ! Do you have yours? pic.twitter.com/i0A79gIkN5 - William Shatner (WilliamShatner) August 19, 2015 blockquote>
 NASA is not the first time fans leads record and send their names in the space provided. The same is done before sending the unit in 2006, "New Horizons", which recently flew past Pluto, carrying on board the names of more than 430 000 people.

In December 2014 has 1, 38 million names flew into space unmanned spacecraft 'Orion ". It was the first test flight of the apparatus, which in the future will adapt to deliver people and cargo to the International Space Station, to fly to the Moon and to Mars.

InSight Mars lander is now to finish on the basis of NASA in Denver.

Acceptance of applications with names and surnames ending 8 September 2015. It is necessary to fill out an online form , that to date have made 259 517 people.

NASA operates club "regulars» , whose names are flying in every mission. They charge a "Flight mile».

Launch vehicle Atlas V 401 InSight is scheduled to start March 4, 2016 from the spaceport at Vandenberg Air Force Base (California). Landing on Mars will be held on September 28, 2016.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/260706/

Tags

See also

New and interesting