Recursive Photo from NASA: an island in a lake on an island in a lake on an island

No, there are no typos in the title - in the photo, lined with NASA, really shows the island in Canada, which is located in the lake, in turn, is located on an island in Lake Victoria on the island. Photo of all this beauty is received satellite Landsat 8.

By the way, the size of the first island that is inside all, is only 300 meters - but it is the largest island of the type (there are others). Geographically, all located in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago.

In Canada, the регион belongs to the province of Nunavut and the Northwest Territories . The island on which the lakes and other islands, large enough - in the ranking of the largest islands it the eighth largest in the world, and its area is commensurate with the territory of Belarus.

It should be noted that the satellite Landsat 8 is not the first time pictures of interesting objects, for instance, a gallery of pictures earlier satellites that are not only scientific but also artistic value.

Volcano Paluweh i>

The Colorado River i>

Volcanoes in Chile i>

Fires in Idaho, United States i>

The melting of glaciers in Greenland i>

More pictures of the satellite can be found here .

Source: geektimes.ru/post/246382/

Tags

See also

New and interesting