14-year-old girl has built a house for $ 10 000

The lack of women necessary construction skills and knowledge almost made her give up the construction of a mini-housing, but she came to help his father, Dan.

Do not stay aside and the mother of a teenager, a teacher Suzanne Colbeck she signed up as a project manager in Sicily, but the chief architect, builder and manager became very schoolgirl, reports CNN.
Sicily project got off the ground in January 2013. With the successful launch of Internet companies to raise funds - a month a young users listed stroitelnitse more than 1,500 dollars.
"My decision to build a tiny house was partly motivated by a desire to be free. This apartment can give me stability and may affect my future life, if I can manage successfully with this task, "- she pointed to in the project description.
Around the same time she started a blog "La Petite Maison", in order to report the latest information on the progress of construction.
12-year-old schoolgirl has started to work with his father, who taught her not only the basics of building business, but also the ability to work in a team and to control their emotions.

Sicily builders diligently mastered the jargon and rules of safe use of power tools, but February 16 was a tragedy for a long time interrupted the work - Dan Colbeck was killed in a car accident.
Two months later, after the funeral of the girl's mother she wrote in her blog that her daughter lost interest in the project. And here to the aid of Sicily and Suzanne left without her beloved father and husband, relatives and friends came - they studied the drawings and each found a feasible task.
So, in his spare time, many people are instructed 13-year-old American woman, for example, a roofer told what and how to lay the roof, and a retired neighbor helped her learn the rules of wiring and showed how to use a plumb line to obtain a flat surface in the kitchen and bathroom.

Thus, a school project was transformed into a house of 39 square meters.

Last month, Sicilia wrote in her blog that she now became the mistress of a wooden masterpiece, which has a bedroom and a fully functioning kitchen, bathroom and toilet.

"It's a tribute to my father, who inspired me to start construction. Sometimes people get a strong blow and throw up their hands, but I wanted to prove that lemons can be prepared not only lemonade, but lemon tart. I did and ate it and it was delicious, "- she told in an interview with The Huffington Post.
Construction of a small house took a year and a teenager at a cost of $ 10 000.

Source: fedpost.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting