Extreme Therapy

Prison cell - not the right place to relieve stress, but many South Koreans do not think so. Specialized agency called «Prison Inside Me» («Prison inside me"), where all comers for a modest fee offer briefly feel like a prisoner, on the outskirts of Hongcheon County, which is 58 km north-east of Seoul.

Unusual prison headed 47-year-old Kwon Yong-seok previously practiced law. According to Kwon, the idea of ​​such an extravagant stress relief came to him when advocacy began to occupy almost all his spare time: "I do not know, I take a break from work, felt that doing this against my will and I can not control my life." Korean appealed to the friend who works in one of the prison officials, to help him get a week behind bars - so Kwon hoped to escape from routine and restore vitality. The lawyer tried to convince his friend that he needed the camera solely for therapeutic purposes, but the request was rejected, so Kwon decided to take everything into their own hands.

Enterprising lawyer drafted a prison in which each may optionally spend a few days to escape from everyday work and relax. The complex of buildings cost the nearly 2 billion won (about $ 19 million), and although most of this amount Kwon took on credit, he Korean claims that the profit is not important for him.

The cost of a two-day anti-stress rate is 150 thousand won (about $ 146) and almost everything here, in this prison: the guests confiscate personal belongings, including books and cell phones, to dress in the same form and lodge in solitary confinement. Each cell has everything you need for spiritual practices and reflections on life - a small table, toilet and sink. Also, voluntary "prisoners" are encouraged to attend the lessons of meditation classes in religious classes and group training.

Kwon Yong-seok said that his institution is too warm and clean for this prison, and two days for a full stress relief is not enough, however, as practice shows, workaholics are just not willing to stay for a longer period. However, recent therapeutic course point out that the conclusion of voluntary help them understand themselves and get rid of the constant stress and according to Kwon, it is quite natural: "Often people look only forward, but I think that sometimes we need to look back and reflect on already passed by ».

Tags

See also

New and interesting