Today, when all the world's Catholics celebrate Christmas, I would like to tell you about one of the holy places for Christians, which annually attracts pilgrims from all over the world.
Grotto of the Nativity - a place that is traditionally considered to be the birthplace of Jesus Christ and is located on the West Bank of the Jordan River in the city of Bethlehem. This place is a symbol of peace in the Holy Land and throughout the world ...
17 ph via bigpicture
1. African pilgrims on December 20 in the Nativity Grotto. Christian pilgrims have come to the birthplace of Jesus Christ, to celebrate Christmas. (Menahem Kahana, AFP / Getty Images)
2. Nigerian Christian pilgrims December 20 fall on his knees in the Grotto of the Nativity Cathedral, where according to legend, Jesus Christ was born. Israeli Tourism Minister Stas Mesezhnikov said that on Christmas Day in the city is expected to about 70 000 tourists. Israel and Palestine are working closely to coordinate the movement of pilgrims. (David Silverman, Getty Images)
3. Praying Russian Christian is reflected in the icon of the Virgin Mary and baby Jesus in the church on December 22. In his message for Christmas December 20, Pope Benedict XVI spoke about the place of Jesus' birth, which is a symbol of peace in the Holy Land and throughout the world. (Musa Al-Shaer, AFP / Getty Images)
4. A pilgrim prays from Russia on December 21. (Tara Todras-Whitehill, AP)
5. A small Palestinian Christian in a Santa suit lights a candle with his father on 20 December. (David Silverman, Getty Images)
6. Christian pilgrims pray in the Grotto of the Nativity on 19 December.
7. Members of the Palestinian Christian family holding candles in front of the Grotto of the Nativity, and watch as the mayor of the biblical city of lights on a Christmas tree Manger Square. (Musa Al-Shaer, AFP / Getty Images)
8. A visitor puts his fingers in the holes in the form of crucifix on one of the ancient columns in the church
9. A nun prays in the Grotto of the Nativity
10. A visitor prays in the Grotto
11. Christian woman lights a prayer candle
15. The African Christian pilgrims visit the Grotto of the Nativity
16. Nour - Palestinian, Muslim, standing in the light, filtered through the top window and casts rays of the ancient marble columns, during a visit to the Grotto of the Nativity
17. The Palestinian security officer turned to look at fireworks Manger Square