Ocean: The best photos

These are the best pictures taken by or close to the ocean, or in himself: the migration of crabs, interesting marine inhabitants, extraordinary meeting underwater - all from the best photographers animalists their kommenatriyami.
26 photos via animalpicture

Spotted stenella, Bahamas. Comments photographer: "At night, the spotty stenella sailing from the shores of the Little Bahama Bank in the deep waters of the Gulf Stream in search of food. One night, the ship's captain, Jim Abernethy noticed a small group of dolphins swimming near the nose of the ship. We switch off the engine, turned on spotlights and jumped into the water. Using the manual focus range and the flash, I was able to make this unusual picture. " (Andrew Sallmon / Nature's Best Photography)

Hammerhead sharks, Cocos Island, Costa Rica. Comments photographer: "This shark drifted slowly along the reef, known as Alcyone. Her left eye is looking toward other sharks when I made this shot, hiding in the bottom of the recess. I was fortunate not only in the fact that I made a good shot, but that I did not see the shark. " (Alan Studley / Nature's Best Photography)

Polar Bears at Cape Churchill, Manitoba, Canada. Comments photographer: "In late November, the polar bears were on the west side of the Hudson Bay to ride out the formation of ice, so that they can return to their territory. While waiting for the bears often come into contact with each other in various forms - from violent fights to tender games. This photo was taken from the back deck of the ship of the Arctic. " (Alan Zipp / Nature's Best Photography)

Gorbach, gulls and sand lance, a marine reserve Massachusetts. Comments photographer: "Every season, my wife Anna go on a journey on the ship, from which you can watch the whales. At the end of spring there is an excellent opportunity to see humpback whales feeding. Typically, a flock of seagulls warned that the whale was about emerges to the surface, bringing with them a pack of gerbils. This humpback uses the lower jaw to pull the fish and seagulls boom rush down to grab a piece of the pie, sometimes flying in millimeters from the mouth of a whale. " (Bryce Flynn / Nature's Best Photography)

Kalmar Reef Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. Commentary photographer "Coming back from the reef after a night swim, my flashlight caught the bright reflection. I swam to the spot and came face to face with this beautiful curious squid. It is to pose to me, turned to pose again, came down to pose again, then I began to inspect my camera flash lens. I noticed that the light from my camera as it illuminates from within. " (Charles Viggers / Nature's Best Photography)

Sunset at the Ecole Reserve, near Cannon Beach, Oregon. Comments photographer: "The outgoing tide left on the beach a lot of starfish. I was touched by their deep orange and purple, and how they came at sunset color and texture of the rocks. " (David E. Becker / Nature's Best Photography)

Blue eel, North Sulawesi, Indonesia. Comments photographer: "This amazing views can be found in sandy pebbles Bay Lembeh. Find eel away from the reef is very unusual. This, for example, floated toward me, and I have not had time to set up the camera, and I just pushed the button. The result was surprisingly a great shot. I was in the right time at the right place! »(David Henshaw / Nature's Best Photography)

Pacific manta Revillagigedos island, Mexico. Comments photographer: "In winter, many species of sharks and rays gather around the islands Revillagigedos. Manta spontaneously in contact with the divers. The encounter with a being face to face is simply unforgettable! »(Deborah Smrekar / Nature's Best Photography)

Hawaiian bigeye, Canary Islands, Spain. Comments photographer: "The bubble of air, resulting in an underwater cave, a mirror image. It took me almost an hour to choose the right track. " (Eduardo Acevedo / Nature's Best Photography)

Blue Reef octopus, Philippines. Comments photographer: "Blue Reef octopus - very clever cephalopod, already understands to use different tools. He uses the empty shells as shelter and protection. When I approached him with his flashlight, he immediately closed his shell. " (Jeffrey de Guzman / Nature's Best Photography)

Starfish National Park Assad Maine. Comments photographer: "How precious stones, starfish, too hard to find. They are shown patience photographers animalists only during spring tide in the coastal zone. At other times, to look at them, you need special equipment. " (Gustav W. Verderber / Nature's Best Photography)

Green sea turtle, Tenerife, Kanasrskie Islands, Spain. Comments photographer: "Shoot the shallows was quite difficult, because the sun was shining very brightly. I decided to take a picture when the sun is behind the turtle. I have repeatedly returned to this place, but no photo was not better than this. " (Pedro Carrillo / Nature's Best Photography)

Black skimmer, beach Nickerson Beach, Long Island, New York. Comments photographer: "Nickerson Beach washed away after the recent tide. I came here at dawn and found this skimmer for feeding. " (James A. Galletto / Nature's Best Photography)

Diver at sunset in Monterey, California. Comments photographer: "To be honest, I had not planned this photograph. That evening, I thought about the other pictures, but when my friend entered the water, I looked at him and saw the silhouette. I do not think that this picture will turn so beautiful. " (Jason Bradley / Nature's Best Photography)

Great barracuda, Vitu Islands, Papua New Guinea. Comments photographer: "1, 5-meter barracuda showed their typical curiosity, swim under my boat. In this picture the fish swims past me, and on top you can see the sky and the light from the boat. " (Yeang H. Ch'ng / Nature's Best Photography)

Grey seal, Donna Nook Nature Reserve, North Somersots, Lincolnshire, England. Comments photographer: "I saw this cutie photographing a group of seals on a sandy shaft. He scratched the face of artichoke, and in this picture looks as if he's hiding in embarrassment. " (Enrique Aguirre / Nature's Best Photography)

Surfer on the beach in North Carolina. Comments photographer: "The local surfers often gather on the pier God Banks to catch a wave, but that day it was too late, and there was no one. The sun was setting, and reflection in the water seemed to me incredible. As I set up the equipment, the latter is already a surfer out of the water, and I quickly took a few shots to capture the serenity of the moment. " (Karen Doody / Nature's Best Photography)

Flying Fish, Raja Ampat, Indonesia. Comments photographer: "Lanterns of my ship attract flying fish that glide over the surface of the water with incredible speed. But this boy was swimming under water, "wings spread." (Keri Wilk / Nature's Best Photography)

Tern and sea turtle, the island of San Miguel, Azores, Portugal. Comments photographer: "During the voyage I saw a tern, which floated like on a log. As you move, I realized that the smartest bird riding on a turtle. I took this picture in a second before tern flew away. " (Nature's Best Photography)

Thorny seahorse, the Red Sea, Israel. Comments photographer: "These two skate sizing each other before the female laid eggs in the male, to the fertilized and protected them before birth. I was lucky to make this picture. " (Noam Kortler / Nature's Best Photography)

Minke, the Great Barrier Reef, Australia. Comments photographer: "A moment later, after the whale swam to the surface, he again went down and swam in my direction. I froze. Whale swam in 3 steps away from me and then ducked down. " (Steffen Binke / Nature's Best Photography)

Skarovaya fish, reef Kuredu House, Maldives. Kommenatrii photographer: "Floating night snorkeling near the island Kuredu in the Maldives, I met this amazing skarovuyu fish, resting among the rocks. I made a couple of shots, because he did not want to startle her or attract the attention of other predators. " (Michael Thomas Gallagher / Nature's Best Photography)

Adelie Penguins Flying Island, Antarctica. Comments photographer: "Adelie penguins can often be seen on icebergs in the Southern Ocean. Sailing past the island flight, two curious penguin went on an iceberg to get a better view of us. It was an unforgettable meeting. " (Phillip Colla / Nature's Best Photography)

Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii. Comments photographer: "When we traveled to the volcano, my friend reminded me of the legend Pele - Hawaiian goddess of fire in mythology. In the upper left corner of the photo as her profile is seen as if it is blowing or whispering something into the ocean, causing the pair to separate from the surface of the water. " (Peter Lik / Nature's Best Photography)

The migration of red crabs of Christmas Island, Indian Ocean. Comments photographer: "From 100 to 120 million covered island red carpet, migrating from the tropical forests of the coast. It is the largest migration of living creatures on Earth. I spent three weeks on his stomach with protective knee pads and armrests to make these shots. " (Stephen Belcher / Nature's Best Photography)

Icebergs in the Gulf of Notre Dame, near the island of Fogo, Newfoundland, Labrador, Canada. Comments photographer: "Every spring, hundreds of icebergs drifting from the Cape to the south of Greenland, near Newfoundland. This evening, in spite of the strong waves and the clouds, I took a chance and hired a fisherman to take me to a group of icebergs. At some moment the sun enlightened through the ice, creating incredible the background. A stranded on the tip of the iceberg bird it was a pleasant bonus. " (John Sylvester / Nature's Best Photography)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting