Afghanistan. Itinerary

Writes blogger Ilya Varlamov

Yesterday morning I flew to Kabul. Return tickets I have as I stay here I do not know. With the internet seems to be the order, so I will try to lead the travel notes and a detailed report is prepared, when I get back to Moscow. The first day was excellent. It is very hot, dusty and dirty. Today I plan to go out of town to the peasants, and the last day is fully spent in Kabul.

01. Direct flights from Moscow to Kabul operated by Ariana. It is famous because of its history, its planes never took off as scheduled. Was no exception and our flight, it was delayed for 2 hours. Planes are old, but you can sleep than I do. I woke up on approach to Kabul.

02. At the airport there is nothing interesting. A lot of military equipment and aircraft, mostly helicopters - ours! Passport control is fast, border guards did not even look at me, put a stamp on the visa and everything. Immediately after the passage of the control you need to get registered. To do this, it is very desirable to have 2 photos. If no pictures have to make out the registration in the city and save time.

03. I go out in a completely empty arrivals hall, there is not a taxi or welcoming. It turns out that the airport will not let anyone. Passengers are taken from the territory of the airport by bus. There, behind barbed wire in the dust sitting people.

04. I met the driver. We go to the hotel. On the way we visit to buy a local sim card. The seller promises tolerable GPRS-Internet, but in fact it turns out that it is not so easy to customize. It makes an operator activated during the day. As can be seen on display, here are selling iPhone

05. The first impression - Kabul is one big prison, or a fortress, as you wish. I did not like at all). Along the streets are huge concrete fence with barbed wire, all firing points, sandbags, soldiers. A lot of people with guns, all in a different form. The second impression - mud. In Kabul, very dirty.

06. Through the Kabul river of the same name flows. It is also the city's main gutter. People throw out all the garbage in the river, the water in it is not just muddy, it is an absolute black as ink. Scents otvatitelnye, but quickly get used to, but harder to get used to the flies.

07. Even more difficult to get used to the piles of shit and decaying debris underfoot.

08. In the photo Kabul River embankment. When I took this picture, I thought that people are praying - it was just the evening prayer. It turned out that they are just crap. Well, how can you?

09. Kabul is a tributary of the Indus. The length of 460 km.

11. The city looks like.

13. Street barbershop.

14. The old town almost completely destroyed by years of war, but in some places you can find traces of ancient buildings.

15. As expected from the eastern city - Kabul one big market. Traffic on the streets difficult. No traffic lights, no one observes the rules, chaos on the roads.

16. stopped at the bird market.

17. They found an excellent restaurant with a samovar.

19. At first glance it may seem like a dirty eatery. In fact - it is a decent coffee shop, sorry no wi-fi.

20. But there is a guest book in which the owner has asked to leave a few rows.

21. very colorful bird market, you can easily spend a few hours.

23. See, here come across any interesting and beautiful people!

25. sells mainly parrots and pigeons.

28. The chicken is cut right in front of the client.

29. In order not to attract attention, the market bought the local costume. Unfortunately, I do not know what it's called. Photo yesterday lecturing on Twitter.

35. It's not a dump, this item sorting garbage. They are everywhere. Plastic, paper, metal sorted packet. Plastic bottles sold in Pakistan for processing. Over 7 kg bottles give 30 cents.

36. scavengers and live here with their families.

37. A horse is sleeping peacefully, but I woke up. The horse is from 700 to 2000 dollars.

38. Even in Kabul, a lot of drug addicts. They are going under bridges, in the trash and in war-torn buildings. Heroin use on the street, nobody cares about these people. 5% of the Afghan population uses hard drugs. In the photo one of the points here at any time of the day and night full of drug addicts. Over the past 10 years the number of drug addicts has increased greatly.

39. The smell disgusting, everything happens on the heaps of garbage and waste that take off into the river. Addict preparing a dose. Drugs mainly use hazariytsy, descendants of Genghis Khan. They are Shiites, go to work in Iran, where a relatively good living.

40. It also sells heroin, it is inexpensive and readily available to everyone. There are no restrictions on the sale and consumption there. Prick in the streets. At a dose of earning petty theft and begging.

41. After 5 minutes of the start of filming I noticed. Addicts turned aggressive. First landed one, then very quickly crowd. I had to run. Good people helped to get to the road and advised safer point for filming.

42. Then they were told that the photos here do not favor, 2 weeks ago beaten two German journalists who wanted to make a report about drug addicts.

43. River

44. Women wearing headscarves blue, very beautiful.

45. All over the city there is a network of ditches, which eventually flock to the main river. Water supply and sewage in Kabul, almost none. The water produced from wells. Drains you see in the photo.

46. ​​A typical urban landscape. Very dusty. Many are of medical dressings, someone wrapped in a scarf to avoid breathing dust.

48. Gay Pride

50. Americans are blamed for something. that do nothing. "They built their bases, sit there and everything! And for the people that? "In general, nothing but their bases the Americans have not built and did not. But the packages of humanitarian aid is used as an excellent building material.

51. Today, I will go in the direction of Jalal-Abad, and the military base at Bagram. If this works out, take off the poppy fields and production.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting