Iron Felix

Adding machine Felix.

It was found in a dusty attic. It looks good for his age.

Very active in his time used my dad, and my childhood served as a toy. Hours could sit with him, to dial digits, turn the handle and, with bated breath, look at the result, that there turn out.

3 photos via 76-82

From Wikipedia.

"Felix" - the most common in the USSR adding machine. Produced from 1929 to 1978. calculating machines in the factories in Kursk, Penza and Moscow.

This refers to a computing machine lever odhner arithmometer. It allows you to work with operands of up to 9 characters and get an answer up to 13 characters (up to 8 private).

The device of the machine is optimized for the minimum price, as a result of adding machine cost about 13 rubles (1970), but the workmanship is poor. On the other hand, in the adding machine to use a very simple and at the same time a reliable transport mechanism of the carriage, distinguishes it from all the western analogues.

That's how it was possible to perform the addition:
Set the lever to the first term.
Turn the knob away from you (clockwise). The number on the lever is introduced into the counter summation.
Set the lever to the second term.
Turn the handle on my own. The number of levers to be added to the number in the counter summation.
The result of the addition - on the counter summation.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting