Price mistakes - life

One day, thirty-five years ago, a Soviet athlete ever left the sport. It would seem unremarkable story of the sports world - thousands. But it - only at first glance. Because it is (ready to consider!) About 11 times the world record holder, 17-time world champion, 13-time European champion, seven-time champion of the USSR. Athletes with the "track record" in the history of sports can be counted on the fingers. And now at his peak, at the zenith of fame and career, he suddenly leaves the big sports, to a few years to open in Moscow a small workshop making shoes. The man in the fullest sense of the word buried your talent in the ground - or rather, it drowned in the icy and muddy water Yerevan Lake. But to reproach him for it hardly turn the language even the most ardent fans.
... On the day of 16th September 1976, in Yerevan he fell into the water trolley rides on the dam. Ninety-two passengers turned out to be buried alive in the ten-depth. They were doomed to certain death if not for one thing: it is the time along the lake made a training run multiple world champion in diving Shavarsh Karapetyan. Subsequently, experts agree: no one in the world just physically could not have done what he did then Shavarsh. Diving in turbid water fall trolley, he smashed the rear window of his feet, and began to pull out the unconscious passengers. For more than twenty minutes in the icy water. Twenty lives saved. In fact, he pulled out of the trolley and more people, but not all were saved. When Shavarsh once again come to the surface, crowding on the dam passersby saw that his body lacerated by shrapnel shattered window. [Next]
Then, the question - what was then the worst? - Shavarsh said, "I knew that, in spite of all my training, I would last only for a certain number of dives. There, at the bottom of the visibility was zero, so I snapped a human touch in his arms and swam with him upstairs. One time I surfaced and saw that my hands ... leather cushion of the seat. I looked at her and realized that the price of my mistake - someone's life. This pillow then do not just dream about me in the night ยป.
Such a feat cost him severe bilateral pneumonia complicated by a general blood poisoning - were thrown into the lake of urban sewage. Doctors with great difficulty saved his life, but the return to sport is not out of the question: Shavarsh Karapetyan was disabled.
He is forever ruined his outstanding talent swimmer. But the gift of love to the people, just as generously allotted to him by the Lord, he multiplied for those terrible twenty minutes repeatedly.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting