Memory scout Gevorg Vardanyan (4 photos)

Gevorg Vartanian died - a prominent Soviet spy.

Gevork Vartanian A. - a legend of Soviet intelligence. He was born February 17, 1924 in Rostov-on-Don in the family oil mill director. His father, Andrew V. Vartanian, was associated with the Soviet foreign intelligence service and went beyond the USSR on the instructions.

Gevork Vartanian linked his fate with Soviet intelligence in 16 years. In winter 1940 he was able to establish direct contact with the NKVD residency in Tehran. On behalf of the resident Gevorg led special group to identify Nazi agents and German spies in Tehran and other Iranian cities. For some two years his team found about 400 people, in one way or another connected with the German intelligence service.

In 1942, the "Amir" - it was an alias Vartanian - infiltrated the British intelligence school, which trained residents to work in Central Asia. Thanks to the information Vartanian, all agents, abandoned on the territory of the USSR, were neutralized.

It is led by a group Vartanian frustrated attempt on the leaders of the "Big Three" - Winston Churchill, Franklin Roosevelt and Joseph Stalin that Hitler was planning in 1943. Then Vartanyan was only 19 years old. This operation is now being studied worldwide as a perfect example of counterintelligence work, but 20 years ago, the details of the work Gevork Vartanian was one of the most important state secrets. On the basis of these events for the film "Tehran-43" with Armen Jigarkhanyan, Igor Kostolevsky, Natalie and Alain Delona.Pravda Belokhvostikova himself Vartanian said that almost everything except that German agents were trying to find their way into the residence through the Big Three drain, to put it mildly, not true.

A total ease Vartanian 46 years working spy-illegals abroad. Most of its operations conducted secret until now. Gevork Vartanyan - Hero of the Soviet Union, a decree was given May 28, 1984 the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, but information about it was not printed anywhere. Himself Vartanyan reported by coded message from Moscow.

Name Vartanian was declassified 20 December 2000, on the 80th anniversary of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR). Gevork Vartanian was married to Gohar Levonovna Vartanian, who with her husband more than a decade working in intelligence.

I got married (for the first time, the rest of the wedding were necessary according to legend) in 1946. in Tehran, the couple Vartanyan in 1951. Center received permission to come to his native Armenia to higher education (at the Institute of Foreign Languages). After special training them under false names were sent abroad and worked in Europe, America, the Middle and Far East.

According to Vartanian, was kept constant psychological stress for years of illegal work, he has helped the constant presence of the spouse.

"Gohar We were always together, it gave me new strength. In addition, we have always been great friends. In my opinion, to human longevity and still need a constant sense of optimism ", - the source said." Home "recruitment" in my life - my wife »

Spouses Vartanian train personnel for the Military Intelligence Service of the USSR / Russian Federation until 2000., And only 20 December, the day of the 80th anniversary Vartanian, the Foreign Intelligence Service declassified some of the most effective in the history of life, and most likely the world of intelligence, razvedchikov- illegals.

Tags

See also

New and interesting