The Siege of Leningrad (48 photos)

This year, the terrible events - the siege of Leningrad is 70 years old. In this post stories and photos from the besieged city. Sometimes very heavy ...

Ahead of me was a boy of nine years, maybe. He was covered with some kind of a handkerchief, then a cotton blanket was covered, the frozen boy standing. It'S Cold. Part of the people was gone, replaced by other part, and the boy did not leave. I ask this boy: "What are you did not go to get warm?" And he said: "All the same, the house is cold." I said, "What are you, one live?" - "No, with mother." - "So what, mother can not go?" - "No, it can not. She's dead. " I said, "How dead ?!" - "Nurse died, sorry because of it. Now I guess. I have it now only one day put to bed at night and put the stove. It is still dead. And cold from it ".

"Blockade Book" Ales Adamovich, Daniel Granik

"Blockade Book" Ales Adamovich and Daniel Granik. I bought it used to be, at best, second-hand bookshops St Petersburg on the Foundry. The book is not a desktop, but always in sight. Modest gray cover with black letters are stored under a living, scary, great document, the witnesses' memories, survived the siege of Leningrad, and the authors who have been participants in those events. Read her hard, but I would like to do it every ...

From an interview with Danilo Granin:

& Quot; - During the siege of looters were shot on the spot, but also, I know without trial were allowed to flow cannibals. Can we blame these crazed with hunger, loss of human appearance accidents, which do not dare to call people, and how often have been cases where in the absence of other food eating their own kind?

- Hunger, I tell you, restraining barriers deprives: morality disappears, leaving the moral prohibitions. Hunger - it's an incredible feeling, do not let go for a moment, but, to my surprise and Adamovich, working on this book, we realized not raschelovechilsya Leningrad, and it is a miracle! Yes, cannibalism took place ...

- ... Ate children?

- There were worse things.

- Hmm, what could be worse? Well, for example?

- I do not want to talk ... (pause). Imagine that one's own child was fed to another, and it was and what we have not written. Nobody prohibited, but ... Can we ...

- There was some amazing survival in case of a blockade that shook you to the core?

- Yes, the mother of his children fed blood by opening his veins & quot ;.

"... Each apartment lay dead. And we are not afraid of anything. Previously did you go? After frustrating when dead ... Here we have a family died out, so they were lying. And when he had removed in a barn! "(M.Ya.Babich)

Tags

See also

New and interesting