The Siege of Leningrad (48 photos)

This year, the terrible events - the siege of Leningrad is 70 years old. In this post stories and photos from the besieged city. Sometimes very heavy ...

Ahead of me was a boy of nine years, maybe. He was covered with some kind of a handkerchief, then a cotton blanket was covered, the frozen boy standing. It'S Cold. Part of the people was gone, replaced by other part, and the boy did not leave. I ask this boy: "What are you did not go to get warm?" And he said: "All the same, the house is cold." I said, "What are you, one live?" - "No, with mother." - "So what, mother can not go?" - "No, it can not. She's dead. " I said, "How dead ?!" - "Nurse died, sorry because of it. Now I guess. I have it now only one day put to bed at night and put the stove. It is still dead. And cold from it ".

"Blockade Book" Ales Adamovich, Daniel Granik

"Blockade Book" Ales Adamovich and Daniel Granik. I bought it used to be, at best, second-hand bookshops St Petersburg on the Foundry. The book is not a desktop, but always in sight. Modest gray cover with black letters are stored under a living, scary, great document, the witnesses' memories, survived the siege of Leningrad, and the authors who have been participants in those events. Read her hard, but I would like to do it every ...

From an interview with Danilo Granin:

& Quot; - During the siege of looters were shot on the spot, but also, I know without trial were allowed to flow cannibals. Can we blame these crazed with hunger, loss of human appearance accidents, which do not dare to call people, and how often have been cases where in the absence of other food eating their own kind?

- Hunger, I tell you, restraining barriers deprives: morality disappears, leaving the moral prohibitions. Hunger - it's an incredible feeling, do not let go for a moment, but, to my surprise and Adamovich, working on this book, we realized not raschelovechilsya Leningrad, and it is a miracle! Yes, cannibalism took place ...

- ... Ate children?

- There were worse things.

- Hmm, what could be worse? Well, for example?

- I do not want to talk ... (pause). Imagine that one's own child was fed to another, and it was and what we have not written. Nobody prohibited, but ... Can we ...

- There was some amazing survival in case of a blockade that shook you to the core?

- Yes, the mother of his children fed blood by opening his veins & quot ;.

"... Each apartment lay dead. And we are not afraid of anything. Previously did you go? After frustrating when dead ... Here we have a family died out, so they were lying. And when he had removed in a barn! "(M.Ya.Babich)

"There is no fear dystrophies. At the Academy of Arts on the way down to the Neva dumped corpses. I quietly climbing over the mountain of corpses ... It would seem that the weaker man, the worse it, but no, the fear disappeared. What would have happened to me, if it in peacetime - would have died of horror. And now after all: there is no light on the stairs - I'm afraid. As soon as people ate - there was fear "(Nina Ilinichna laksa).

Paul Philippovich Gubchevsky, researcher of the Hermitage:

- What kind of had rooms?

- Empty frames! It was a wise disposal Orbely: all frames left in place. Thanks to this Hermitage regained its exposure eighteen days after returning from the evacuation of paintings! And in the war and they hung empty sockets-frame in which I spent a few excursions.

- On an empty frames?

- On an empty frames.

Unknown passer - an example of altruism mass blockade.

He was exposed to extreme days, in extreme circumstances, but that is for certain is its nature.

How many of them were - unknown passers-by! They disappeared, returning the man's life; dragged from the deadly edges disappeared without a trace, even the appearance of them did not have time imprinted in the minds of Merkle. It seemed that they, obscure passers - they did not have any obligations or kindred feelings, they did not expect neither fame nor payment. Compassion? But all around was death, and by the corpses were indifferent, surprised his hardened.

Most said to myself, death of loved ones, dear people did not reach the heart, some fire protection system in the body, nothing was perceived, had not the strength to respond to grief.

Blockade apartment can not be depicted in any museum in any layout or panorama, just as it is impossible to portray the cold, longing, hunger ...

Blockade themselves, remembering note broken windows, sawn wood to furniture - the most dramatic and unusual. But then really hit the view apartments only children and visitors who came from the front. As it was, for example, Vladimir Yakovlevich Aleksandrov:

"- You knock a long time - can not hear anything. And you already have an overall impression that there were all dead. Then begins some shuffling, the door opens. The apartment where the temperature is ambient temperature, there is a roll up god knows what creature. You hand him a bag with some crackers, biscuits or anything else. And what struck? Lack of emotional outburst.

- And even if the products?

- Even products. After all, many had already been starving atrophy appetite ».

Hospital doctor:

- I remember, brought twin boys ... That's parents sent them to a small transfer of three a cookie and three candy. Sonia and Seryozhenka - was the name of these children. The boy himself and gave her to the liver, then halved biscuits.

Remain crumbs, crumbs he gives sister. A sister throws him the following sentence: "Seryozhenka, men carry the war seriously, these crumbs eat you." They were three years old.

- Three years ?!

- They just said yes, three years, such crumbs! And then took the girl and the boy stayed. I do not know, they survived or not ... »

The amplitude of the human passions in the blockade has increased enormously - from falls most painful to the highest manifestations of consciousness, love and devotion.

"... Among the children with whom I left, there was a boy of our employee - Igor, a charming boy, handsome. His mother is very gentle, with a terrible love to patronize. In the first evacuation said: "Mariya, you also let your kiddies goat's milk. Igor I am taking goat's milk. " And my children were placed even in other barracks, and I am trying to pay nothing, not an ounce of excess laid. And then this Igor lost cards. And now in the month of April I'm going to somehow passed Eliseevsky shop (there are already at the sun creep distrofiki) and see - sits a boy, scary, edematous skeletons. "Igor? What's the matter? "- I say. "Mariya, mom kicked me. Mom told me that she did no more than a piece of bread will not give. " - How so? It can not be! "He was in serious condition. We barely climbed with him on my fifth floor, I had barely dragged. My children had already went to kindergarten and still held. He was so terrible, so pathetic! And all the while saying, "I do not blame my mother. She is doing the right thing. It's my fault, I lost my card. " - "I love you, I say, I will build a school" (which was open). And my son whispered: "Mom, give him something that I brought from kindergarten».

I fed him and went with him to the street Chekhov. Enter. The room is terrible mud. Lies this distrofirovavshayasya, disheveled woman. Seeing her son, she immediately shouted: "Igor, I will not give you any piece of bread. Go out! "The room stench, filth, darkness. I said, "What are you doing ?! After all, there are only some three or four days - he would go to school, get better. " - It'S Nothing! Here you stand on your feet, and I do not deserve. I will give him nothing! I'm lying, I'm hungry ... "Here is a transformation from a gentle mother of the beast! But Igor did not go away. He stayed with her, and then I learned that he had died.

A few years later I met her. It was blooming already healthy. She saw me, ran up to me and shouted, "What have I done?" I told her, "Well now talk about it!" - "No, I can not. Any thoughts about it. " After a while, she committed suicide ».

The fate of the animals besieged Leningrad - is also part of the tragedy of the city. Human tragedy. Otherwise, do not explain why not one or two, and almost one in ten Blokadnik remembers, tells of the death of a bomb elephant at the zoo.

Many, many remember the besieged Leningrad through here this state: particularly uncomfortable, scary man and he is closer to the death, disappearance of that vanished cats, dogs and even birds! ..

Residents of besieged Leningrad with their pets

"Down below us in the apartment of the late President, stubbornly fighting for the lives of four women - three of his daughter and granddaughter - fixes G.A.Knyazev. - Is still alive, and their cat, which they pulled out to save each alarm.

The other day it went familiar, student. I saw a cat and begged to give it to him. Landed directly: "Give, give." Barely get rid of him. And his eyes lit up. Poor women are even afraid. Now worried that he will make the way to them and steal their cat.

About loving woman's heart! Deprived of the natural fate of motherhood student Nekhoroshev and it is worn as a child, with her cat, Losev worn with his dog. Here are two instances of these rocks on my radius. All the rest have long eaten! »

In the surgical department of the city children's hospital named after Dr. Rauhfusa, New Year 1941/42

A.P.Grishkevich recorded on March 13 in his diary:

"In one of the orphanages Kuibyshev district occurred the following case. March 12 the entire staff gathered in the boys' room to see a fight between two children. As it turned out then, it has been started them on the "boyish fundamental issue." And before that there were "battle", but only verbal and because of the bread ».

Zavdomom comrade. Vasilyev said: "This is the most pleasant fact for the past six months. At first the children were, and then began to argue, then got out of bed, and now - an unprecedented thing - fighting. Previously, I would like for the case was removed from his job, now we, educators, stood looking at the fight, and they rejoiced. Alive, then our small nation ».

Tags

See also

New and interesting