How to cover the ground in flower pots

The situation when in the pot surface home vases are formed either dried crust, or whitish plaque from excess mineral fertilizers, familiar to many.

I used to loosen the soil more and more in a flower pot. Even stuck a stick in one of the pots on the windowsill, so as not to look for it if necessary to loosen the ground. But after my friend Olga, an experienced gardener, told me about different things. soil-mulchingI started using these methods.

DepositPhotos

There are three components of beauty and harmony of indoor plants: the plant itself, the pot and the view of the soil surface. And if the first two points are not in doubt (the plant should be well-groomed and healthy, and the pot should correspond to the size of the root system of the plant), then the aesthetics of the soil surface does not concern everyone. For nothing.

The earth can and should be hidden. This procedure is called mulching. Mulching kills two birds with one stone: the earth is masked and better conditions are created for plants.

Thanks to this method, evaporation of moisture from the soil decreases, while creating poor conditions for the germination of weeds and penetration of pests into the soil, which is also an undeniable plus of this method, and, of course, the pot gets a beautiful appearance.

Today's edition. "Site" I'll tell you a few things. mulchingWhich will greatly facilitate the care of green pets, as well as decorate your interior. Save it, you'll need it!

DepositPhotos

The material with which you are going to cover the soil should well pass water and air, do not contain harmful substances. Please note that not every material that is used for these purposes in the garden plot is suitable for indoor plants.

For the garden plot, they try to use those types of mulch that over time bend and become an element of the soil. In indoor gardening, the durability of the material and its beautiful appearance are most important.

Vasine mulch species
  1. The most economical option is suitable for those who have plants with beautiful colored leaves. They can be crushed and filled with them in the soil in pots. Especially pay attention to the crushed greens of such plants as nettles, legumes, yarrow. Such herbs are rich in macroelements, nitrogen and can be used as soil enrichment.

DepositPhotos

2. It looks beautiful in pots of forest moss. And not only green, but already yellow. Well, if you do not have forest moss, then you can use the one that is sold in orchid soil sets.

DepositPhotos
  3. Pine mulch, from bark, humus, sawdust are organic materials that allow to enrich the soil, regulate its acidity. At the same time, the bark for mulching, humus, compost, peat, tea, pine needles and other substances can protect the plant from lack of moisture, they serve as an additional source for fertilizing.

DepositPhotos

4. Small stones just look great. And here it is not necessary to use colorful purchased, you can just collect any small stones and wash them with hot water.

DepositPhotos

5. The cut grass is rich in nitrogen, but it should be used carefully, since it quickly heats up during decomposition, can greatly prevent the penetration of air into the soil.

DepositPhotos
  6. Straw for pets is rarely used, although it is able to lower the level of nitrogen, retain heat, if necessary.

DepositPhotos

7. From synthetic materials, colored foam crumb is used, which has no effect on the soil and the plant itself. The service life of such materials is long, they do not interact with the soil, perform a strictly decorative role, trapping moisture in the ground, preventing it from evaporate.

DepositPhotos

Plants, like people, need sunlight and warmth in winter. Houseplants in the cold season often feel bad indoors. The reason for this is too dry air and lack of sunlight.

I suggest you learn how to help domestic plants feel comfortable in such adverse conditions.

Before mulching the soil, make sure that the ground in the pot is not affected by pests, there is no mold and salt crust. The earth should be loose, without lumps and foreign inclusions that can rot. Before starting work, the upper layer must be leveled.

I'm just sure you'll be able to pick up some of these simple but very effective ones. Ways to care for homemade vases. And don’t forget to share useful information with your friends on social networks!

Tags

See also

New and interesting