Christmas of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker

On August 11, the Orthodox Church celebrates Christmas of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker. This holiday appeared in the church calendar recently. During the reign of Catherine II it was abolished, but in 2004, with the blessing of Patriarch Alexy II, the celebration was resumed.

In the Orthodox Church, except for the Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ (January 7), the birthdays of only three holy people are celebrated: the Virgin Mary (September 21), John the Forerunner (July 7), and St. Nicholas the Wonderworker (August 11). These saints are closely connected with the coming of the Savior into the world, so every believing Christian should honor their birthdays.

Saint Nicholas devoted his whole life to serving God. He led an ascetic life, studied Holy Scripture daily, and prayed at night. Being a magnanimous and merciful Christian, Nicholas during his lifetime distributed his property to the poor and came to the aid of all the suffering. And for his good deeds and unshakable faith in the Lord, he was glorified. god-pleasing.

Many times Nicholas saved human lives, healed people from diseases and even resurrected them. The saint fought for the truth and taught love and compassion by his example.

And although there are two more days in the year to venerate the saint (December 19 and May 22), Christmas of St. Nicholas - special holiday. Every person can turn to the saint on this festive day if he has a desire and need. Prayer will have great power. After all, August 11 is not just words, these are words of love and gratitude for all the deeds of God.

If you turn to St. Nicholas on August 11, he will ask the Lord for intercession and healing. The Merciful Wonderworker never refuses to ask in difficult situations. If you have the opportunity, go to the temple and pray to the saint. But if this is not possible, put aside worldly affairs for a few minutes and Read a prayer to Nicholas the Wonderworker. any time of the day.

Prayer for the Nativity of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker: “As a star, from east to west, your relics, to St. Nicholas, but the sea will be sanctified by your procession, and the city of Bar accepts your grace: for in dividing us there appeared a graceful, prescient and merciful wonderworker.” Your wonderful and glorious Christmas, to St. Nicholas, the Church celebrates brightly today the Orthodox, for by standing your foot the Lord will reveal you and proclaim the lamp and teacher to be a laity, the whole world enriching and enlightening miracles. Thus we cry out: Pray to Christ God to save our souls.

Nicholas the Wonderworker.The one who works miracles, the one who works generously, is the best helper for those who pray for him.

Prayer to St. Nicholas the Wonderworker for help in any matter "We glorify you, Father Nicholas, and honor your holy memory: for you pray for us Christ our God."

“O All-Holy Nicholas, the Most High of the Lord, our warm intercessor, and in all my troubles a speedy helper, help me to the sinner and the dull, in this life, pray to the Lord God, grant me the remission of all my sins, greatly sinned from my youth, in all my life, in deed, in word, in thought, and in all my feelings: and in the end of my soul, help me to the chastised, in prayer, in the Lord’s mercy and in the present day, in the glory of God, and in the Lord’s glorification, and redemation of God, in all my life, in all my life, in all my life, in all my glory and in the Lord’s glorification, and the Lord’s glorification of God, in all my life, and the Lord’s glorification of God, and the Lord’s glory, in all my life, and the Lord’s glory of the Lord’s glory, and the Lord’s hand of the Lord’s glory, and the Lord’s glory, and Amen.

Every prayer is an inexhaustible power! It will calm and protect from diseases, disasters and many troubles. Do not forget to address God, the saints every day, and your words will be heard. All we need to do is sincerely believe and pray. God bless you and your family.

Tags

See also

New and interesting