20 bright wise quotes by John Fowles

John Fowles - English writer, novelist and essayist, one of the outstanding representatives of postmodernism in literature of XX century. Wise Hermit: most of his life the writer spent in his house by the sea, engaged in literary work. The writer-intellectual, a connoisseur of the human soul, generously shared his knowledge with readers.

< Website gathered always relevant quotes from the works of the writer.

< Our problem - this is primarily what we are thinking about them You can not hate the one who kneels. One who is not a man without you. ( "Magus») Each of us - the island. Otherwise, we would have long ago went astray. Between the islands go to court, fly planes, stretched wire phones, we were talking on the radio - whatever you want. But we remain islands. That may sink or crumble into dust. ( "Magus») ... a girl who feels in need, already a quarter of love. ( "French Lieutenant's Woman») When you can not express my feelings, it is not does not mean that they are not deep ... ( « collector ») a person can not build your best" I "except on the ruins of the old. ( "French Lieutenant's Woman») The light does not converge wedge on one person and can not give up after one failed roll of the dice, no matter how miserable and empty city may seem life in an iron grip, to stand steady. Again, go bottomless, salty, indifferent ocean. ( "French Lieutenant's Woman») - Do you think I would have been waiting for all night someone other than you? - Do you think I would have come back today to someone other than you? ( "Magus») The main law of civilization: human speech can not be understood literally. ( "Magus») The fact that it was not, it is impossible to resurrect. ( "French Lieutenant's Woman») Every self-respecting science - art. And every self-respecting art - science. ( "Magus») You do not bring happiness to most people, forcing them to run before they learn to walk. ( "French Lieutenant's Woman») It is a stranger ... and also the other sex ... often the most impartial judge. ( "French Lieutenant's Woman») In my opinion, twenty-five - the most difficult and the patient age. And for you and for others. You are able to think, you are treated like an adult. But there are meetings that are facing you in adolescence, because you do not have enough experience to comprehend and understand their meaning. ( "Magus») How not read what conclusions do not line up, nothing can replace own experience ... ( «The Ebony Tower") < / ... the soul of man has more right to be called the universe than the universe itself. ( "Magus») He did not understand that the ability to make mistakes does not make one a freak. ( "Daniel Martin») But no matter how well you may have learned to express personality in line and color, it will not work if there is no need to express this identity. ( "The Collector») The hatred and anger - a luxury that we can not currently afford. Whoever we are. ( "The Ebony Tower») ... jam, delicious change, do not get until obeshsya bread, stale crusts expectations. ( «Magus»)

Photos on preview: Maria Brusnikina

via vk.com/id24855645

Tags

See also

New and interesting