8 reasons to quit your job in 2013

Translation sensational article by James Altushera - investor, entrepreneur and author of many publikatsiy.U you no longer have a choice. The myth of the career development and operation of the corporation ended. Not because of a bad economy. Because the new technology and globalization give you the best opportunities than ever.

Here are eight reasons why a silent harbor the corporate need to leave right now:

1. Corporations do not care about you
Recently, the news editor of a major publication complained to me: "Our authors have taken fashion to provide your twitter under publications. On their tweeters signed by many people, and the authors are beginning to demand a pay rise ».
"So what's the problem?" - I asked. "Do not you want your authors were popular and respected in the web?»
"No. We are a news publication. We do not want to grow the stars ».
In other words, his job was to destroy the career aspirations of its employees. He would even prefer that the authors worked less and less, just to have loyal and continued to work on the same terms.

2. More money does not mean more happiness.

Studies show that the increase in income increases the level of happiness by a small amount. Or does not increase at all. Let's say your salary is $ 2,000. It increased by $ 500. You buy a new computer, sofa, TV a little more. And then wonder: "Where did the money go?»
Do not hold the job for the sake of gain. It will not save you from the fear of the future. The real value of free time and have the opportunity to go to work when you feel like it.

3. Count how many people can ruin your life one solution.

If you work for someone else, most likely, there is one person on whom you are strongly dependent. It's your boss. Someday he will take advantage of this opportunity. How to stop him? Spread risks. Let these people will be much, but the action of each of them individually should not hurt you much.

4. Do not rely on a pension.

I do not care about the size of my pension savings. Pension - a myth. She eats inflation and incompetent managers of pension funds. Even under the most optimistic scenario did not allow pensions to live the way you live now.
The only way to avoid it - work not to retire, but for themselves. Anyone can be an entrepreneur. Even quite small, with only one man in the "state" - himself.

5. Justification.

"I'm too old." "I'm not is creative." "I have children." All this is just words.
Once I was at a party. I was approached by stunningly beautiful woman and said, "James, how are you?»
"WHAT? Who is she? "- Flashed through my head. I returned the greeting, and myself continued to wonder why it appealed to me. I was too ugly. About who she was, I knew only a few minutes.
Six months ago, her old-fashioned dressed woman fired. She went to collect things, and burst into tears. Blurred figure, a view of the 30 years older than the actual age, and now this ... She continued to cry until I realized that this is the beginning of a new life.
In the film, George Lucas «THX-1138" shows a similar situation. People live underground in a totalitarian society. They say that on the surface of the radiation. One of the residents named THX-1138 runs out. And finds that there is no radiation. There the sun is shining and life is beautiful.

6. To move small steps normally
"I can not just walk away! - People usually say. - I have something to live. " I agree. Nobody says that it is necessary to leave the same day. Before you run a marathon, people learn to crawl, then walk, then run. Then they train every day and only then have a chance to beat the marathon.
Start with the list. Write down your goals and work on them every day.
Mercenary work is never give plenty. But you will not understand this until you break out.

7. You will replace.

New technologies, outsourcing, outstaffing wash away the ground from under the middle class. Most professions that existed 20 years ago, is now gone. In 2008-2009, during the crisis, many have reduced. New jobs in exchange does not appear.
I am a member of the board of directors outstaffing companies with a turnover of $ 600 million. I see a reduction in all sectors of the economy. In the opposite direction there is no movement.

8. The idea of ​​the middle class is dead.

A few weeks ago I went to visit his friend, asset manager at a trillion dollars. He said: "Look out the window." We looked at the skyscrapers around. "What do you see?" - "I do not know." - "They are empty. All the offices are empty. The middle class no longer exists. " I looked. Entire floors were submerged in darkness. On several floors were one or two lit windows, but the rest of the space was empty. "The staff there. They were replaced by outsourcers and computers ", - concluded my friend.
"Not so bad as it seems" - he continued. - "Rich is now becoming more and more people than ever. At the same time there are more temporary staff ».
Until I finally realized: the idea of ​​the middle class is dead. The American dream is dead. And there she ever? It was just a marketing gimmick.

See also:
7 reasons not to start a business
25 ways to quickly become more intelligent

via upliftme.ru/articles/8-prichin-uvolitsya-s-rabotyi-v-2013-godu-2227/

Tags

See also

New and interesting