Kangaroo drown their enemies?

I read here the following information: If a kangaroo senses danger, then jump to the nearest body of water and gets into the water up to his chest. If the stalker thinks of approach, the animal grabs him with his little front paws and drowns striker.

Here, I think what that write nonsense. Well the truth is? Let's not be lazy and check this information.
This is what happens ...
And it turns out that really stoked!

Dogs have a numerical advantage, but the kangaroo appeared smarter. In Australia, a kangaroo tried to drown a dog, and then attacked her owner. The incident occurred not far from Melbourne, in a small town Arthurs Creek. 49-year-old Chris Rickard was walking with his dog, nicknamed Rocky far away from home when he accidentally disturbed a sleeping kangaroo in the grass. The frightened animal tried to escape, but the dog went after him. Kangaroo jumped into the pond, but the dog also got into the water. Then the animal to sink enemy. Dogs come to the aid of the owner - Chris Rickard jumped into the water and tried to fight off the Rocky raging in kangaroos. Once Rickard grabbed the dog, kangaroo attacked him and started beating him. As a result, the man managed to escape. As a result of this incident on the face, chest, abdomen and arms Australians were numerous scratches.
Here, for example in 2004 in the Green Continent enraged peaceful herbivorous representatives of local fauna - the symbol of the state - they started to attack people and animals. Australian authorities have urged their citizens not to approach dangerous creatures.

In the selection of the victims showed great awareness marsupial - like true maniacs, they attack mainly on women. Protect the owners from brutal animals can not even dogs. Recently, aggressive makropus attacked lady peacefully walking in the park with her poodle.

A few days before that there was another chilling story - a representative of the family of kangaroo attacked a dog, swim in the pond and drowned her. "It was something surreal, something like the most horrible nightmare" - he says 56-year-old mistress Christine Kenem choking retriever. The woman and her friend happily watched as their four dogs splashed in one of the ponds of the capital, when there suddenly flopped angry kangaroo. He stood on his hind legs and began to drown a dog, looking at the angry housewives. "Please do not torture him!" - He shouted one of them, but the killer was just looking at the people, continuing to mock the unhappy other person. Three other dogs decided to save kinsman and threw a wild animal. However, they failed to do anything - a powerful blow paws killer knocked them off their feet.

In March this year, it has also become a target of attack a representative of the human race. 48-year-old Sylvia Eldren planting flowers in her garden when she suddenly leaned back with marsupials. "He knocked the basket of my hands, and then stood on the tail and continued to beat me hind legs - she told Sylvia. - On his hind legs, he was taller than me. In his eyes, it was so much hatred ... »

Her family and friends are just numb horror, seeing the animal repeatedly hit out hostess, trying to climb to his feet and run. When observers finally came to their senses and rushed to help the unfortunate victim of aggressive kangaroos fled in an unknown direction, and Sylvia had to spend a few hours in the hospital to treat the wound. "I thought I would die," - she said.

Meanwhile, experts say that the adult members of this family can easily kill or injure a person. Along with the fact that this cute little animal has approximately the same dimensions and weight, attacking strangers, he uses the same techniques of boxing, as well as in the fight against their own kind.

Apparently, local scientists were right when they tried to disprove conventional wisdom about small variety of predators on the Australian continent in prehistoric times. Recall to prove his hypothesis, the researchers compared the fauna of the Green continent and South America over a period of 25 million years. According to them, in Australia there were such cruel creatures like kangaroos, marsupial lions and killer. And only now, after millions of years, cute animals showed their beastly nature.

From "grow legs" of all this? But where:

Dingo - Wild Dog, born to hunt and tireless pursuit - not always come out on top over a kangaroo, their usual prey. The paw to her fall for the most part old and sick animals. Running, marsupials make numerous clever "feints" and so confuse pursuers. Hunted kangaroos often comes to his chest in a river or lake, and if the dingoes are trying to reach it by swimming, drowning them one by one - holding under water as long as the dog did not choke.

That's it ... then still drowns ...

Internet

Tags

See also

New and interesting