A trip to Greece (photos)

Long thought of post - do not post?
Then hands did not reach, and that's happened, I submit to your court photo-poezka Greece.
The group was the pilgrims, do not think for a PR one religion, I will try to show all the more "tourist" perspective.
The trip lasted 8 days, 4 hours of sleep during this time drove a rented bus about 2,000 km,
All mixed up in my head, the mass of impressions, which I remember, I will comment on, where there is simply a photo.
According to the head hit, not the first post, about the horizon - right into the garden, photos collected 5 devices, so do not blame me!
Photo and video collected at 13 gigs, chose a long time, a very small part only.
There will be mistakes - not a problem, tell me, I'm not touchy.
Photo LOT !!! Please do not break, over - tell!

So there you go!
The trip starts at the Odessa airport, along the route Odessa-Budapest-Thessaloniki.
Gathering the group and acquaintance happened immediately.

Your humble servant and his friends look out for in the Budapest airport, our flight to Thessaloniki.

Gains in Thessaloniki late, then drive to the village of Ouranoupolis, the beginning of Halkidiki.
In the morning the male part to be on the ferry depart to Mount Athos.
I woke up and just a view from the window!

On this ferry and we departed to the monasteries.

And this is Ouranoupoli, on the dock which we women are waving.
Who does not know the entrance to Mount Athos is prohibited to women about 1000 years old, it is not the female cattle,
Only cats are, as we said then.

Many monasteries are located directly on the coast, past some we floated on the way to the village of Daphne,
which we got off the ferry, and then moved to a rented buse.
Time we had a day and therefore rented to visit the largest number of monasteries.

Monasteries, by a decision of the Synod of Mount Athos, the peninsula and 20 can not be greater.
All other settlements have the status of monks or monasteries or cells at one of the monasteries.

This does not prevent some of them geographically and in the number of monks of the monastery be greater,
in which they are administered.

Here is one example, the monastery of St. Elijah, in whose territory the right after a huge temple in honor of the saint.
But it is closed year-round service and it takes only a temple festival.
In this monastery lived only 9 monks stay there for half an hour, we saw only one thing, that we opened the temple.

Inside the purity of perfect! On the iconostasis spent about 2 tons of gold and placed it as the temple on donations.
Pay attention to the dimensions of the church! Parquet floor, the middle path to the altar,
after which we picked up a couple of blades of grass monk, not a speck of dust anywhere!
In the same church there are relics of the saint, which we were allowed to worship.
The relics and miracle-working icons are in all the monasteries and hermitages, in some few saints and a few of these icons.
We spent the night in Vadopede, photo there illegally throughout. so there's 7 miraculous icons!
Photograph illegally almost everywhere, sometimes just in the yard or outside, so little material from Mount Athos.

Almost at the end of the peninsula is Mount Athos.

For more on the Old it is possible and to look at Vicki, I will not strain your knowledge.

Our next stop was a large meteors.

This is a group of rocks on the plain, on top of which about 600 years ago began to build monasteries.

Indescribable beauty, standing on a rock under you and all in your hand!

Take a good look at the roof of the monastery, drizzling rain,
height of 700-800 meters to the foot, and they change the tiles!
I kuamera with nehily zoom, so I'll tell you, they went there without a net!
What and who guarded them ...

This is our mom and dad in the whole trip, Julia group leader and our guide Panaёtis.
Amazing knowledge and erudition!
Candidate of Historical Sciences, studied and defended the university in Krasnodar,
familiar with many Russian and sngovskimi celebrities,
One of the best guides in Greece.
He writes books and makes films in love with his country is boundless!

I am a mere mortal and not to post their photos on the background of such beauty I could not !!!

If I am not mistaken is the convent of St. Theodora,
the entrance to which is laid across the bridge from the neighboring rocks, which significantly in the photo.

The view from the other side hanging ladder side on which previously climbed up.

At the bottom of the monastery apiary honey sold here in the shop in small jars
and is in great demand in the world!

The rise of our group in this abode.

At such a height that comes to mind the common man?
That's right, there is no better beauty than n ... s from a height!
But I recall the pilgrimage group, because all filmed constituency, and I'm tired of sitting and watching this.

Then we moved to Athens.
Along the way, in one of the towns, I do not remember the name, we stopped in a small school of icon painting.

Then just when the visitors two masters and paint icons.

Opposite in the great hall sold all this beauty!

Athens ...
Who has not dreamed of visiting the home of the ancient Greeks?
My dream has come true, though all run, only one day, but still ...

The Acropolis itself, we did not go up, so stood at the Pantheon and took off the whole district and the city.

The Acropolis and the Pantheon, and one photo.

Yes, the horizon is filled up! But how!!!

Being in Greece and not go to one of the fur shops?
Yes, our women would have killed us !!!
In order to avoid them I had to give up.

As they groped animals, one of our priests treated Metakhim.
By the way, none of the fluffy and has not been exported outside Greece,
it turns out, is not so cheap there!

In my opinion the Greek Parliament, to which the guard of honor.

We found replace it, what can I say, I saw the changing of the guard at the mausoleum and the eternal flame,
Forgive me the Greeks, but it is not even a kindergarten in comparison with the Moscow guard!
Try, yes, but it's funny and ridiculous side!
Once again, dear Greeks me, excuse me!

In Greece there is everything !!!!!!!! ©
Even the hotel with the same name.

Then we pprosto walked through the streets, along the way got a strange pepelats.

International full! Gagauz, do not know what nationality a native of Africa, the Italian all in Greece.

the narrow streets running around sightseeing tram, we were not on the way!

And on this bus, we also did not skate!

We waited in front lunch here with such dishes !!!
Yes, under the Greek wine, mmmmmmmmmmmm !!!
By the way, I liked it, and I tried to wine in my lifetime a lot!

After Athens we have been waiting for transfer to the city of Igoumenitsa on the west coast,
where we went on a huge ferry to the Italian city of Bari.

This a city located the Basilica of St. Nicholas and his power.

Under the Basilica there is the most room in which the permit to hold Orthodox services.
And the altar of the Holy See is a sarcophagus with the relics of the saint.

With us was a large group of pilgrims from Crimea, led by the Archbishop of Simferopol.

Also, there was a children's choir from the Volgograd region.
Hussars silent! It CHILDREN !!!
As they sang! And it's choir from a small village!

Next we went here, there is a small church there.

Afternoon walk over dinner in a small restaurant.

And in the evening again on the ferry to Greece.
On the way from Thessaloniki to Igoumenitsa, we drove to the church of St. Andrew,
Where he bowed his cross ...

... And relics.

We also stopped in Manastir, located in the mountain, where they venerated the icon of the Mother of God,
written according to tradition by St. Luke

It is on the way there

A small stop at a tavern

There are a few photos, I will not lie, I do not remember where,
such a huge chandelier is wooden, sorry for the quality, dark and far lacks a flash.

Simply beautiful!

During the trip were in the ground or in the bus or ferry crossings there were many,
was the island of Corfu and Evbio this grave Ushakov

so basically we slept well!
Describe the return flight, I think it is not necessary.
Impressions weight.
I fell in love with Greece!
And I advise you to go there not to swim or coats
namely to drive across the country with a tour and a good guide!
Thank you for your patience, now you can talk!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting