Opening the "Admiralty"

This afternoon in St. Petersburg opened a new subway station - "Admiralty", on the 5th purple line between the "Garden" and "Sport". About 15 years it is in fact a ghost station that the train passed without stopping. Active work was resumed a few years ago - mounted escalators, platform held finish. Now, after its opening, the "Admiralty" was the deepest station in Russia - its length is 120 meters escalators.

20 photo. via skydrinker

2. On the surface of the building was demolished and built new, which is embedded in the lobby. The remaining floors will soon occupy the traditional offices and shops.

3. And here is the very location of the city on the map. Input and output are at the intersection of Malaya Morskaya Street and Brick Lane. At 1 minutes from Nevsky Prospect, 5 minutes from the Palace Square. It is very convenient for tourists and just Petersburgers who visit the city center during the holidays.

4. Above all polished to a shine. Probably specially for the arrival of the Governor Poltavchenko and Deputy Prime Minister Kozak, who inaugurates the station earlier. On the ceiling you can see a huge compass rose.

5. Mosaic before the descent to the actual topic of the Admiralty.

6. Lighting.

7. One of the two marches escalators "Admiralty". Passengers do not immediately get to the platform - at first they go down to a depth of 60 m in the long escalator.

8. Then, a small march on the 112-meter move that wags and twist 180 degrees.

9. And in the end - one more small escalator, a length of 15 meters. All in all the way from the surface to the platform takes about 6-7 minutes.

10. In order not to miss on the way to the surface or to the train station can be porazglyadyvat clearance. This is a panel on the subject of the Russian fleet. The woman with the paddle probably symbolizes Russia itself.

11. I am also more like Neptune / Poseidon. Bright juicy colors.

12. Well, that's the station itself. On the floor - gray granite, inlaid with wind rose

13. The arches are decorated with black columns of aluminum alloy. It looks a bit funereal, although the association is traced with black tunic naval officers.

14. On the opening day, "Admiralty" just kishila various photographs and other curious people.

15. A couple of particularly brazen "paparazzi" who stood with his stand for 20 minutes, right in front of a panel of Peter I.

16. A fragment of the very mosaic titled "The base of the Admiralty."

17. Sea theme is present everywhere.

18. Bas famous admirals - Ushakov ...

19. Nakhimov, and so on. D.

20. Well, that's all to the "Admiralty". Nice, the new station, something reminded me of "Zvenigorod". Gently, but without the frills. However, the main thing now - the center has become even closer to those who are going to take a walk along the embankments of the Neva or on the Nevsky.

That's all I wanted to say! Thank you.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting