One of the most bizarre computer

"Dawn I9.22" - one of the strangest computers. It strange - almost everything.

Please pay attention to the TV.

This is TV. A very real. Inside, it has everything you need for the reception of TV programs: the PTC (switch TV channels) and related board inside. I checked. Nothing from the usual TV is no different. Here are just a factory to refine the TV program and now he does not accept. Behind him we made a special video input jack, and it can only display the video signal from the computer.

But the computer itself. Solid metal housing. Apparently this computer did in the same place and TV - at the Krasnoyarsk plant televisions. And judging by the quality of performance, making it not shirpotrebovsky shop, and in the military. You can tell that they say, any suitable television. But no. He did it for this model. Top visible stand. It is made exactly under the TV. Even cords had ended in a fork. That is, the wire - two and a fork - one.

But it is inside. Very good and qualitative performance. Immediately visible distinctive style inherent good military production. High-quality assembly, all the boards are covered with lacquer. A pile of screws! There is a long postings - here's brackets, not to hang out. There is a lot of wires - and we have them woven into a neat ponytail. Looking voltage - here's power supply. All signed. Hand, of course. Connectors - reliable. Cord keyboard wrapped canvas fabric khaki and stitched thread. All this looks very solid.

On the other hand you can see where to insert the card.

On the reverse side we see the connectors. "MAG1" and "MAG2" - tape outputs. Why two - is unclear. Probably, the developers do not fully understand why they are needed in such numbers, and so one of them closed zagrushkoy. So the first is unavailable. Suggest to use the second. There are also two connectors "line" (?), And "print" and "LDR". The latter, as I understand it, is a magnetic disk drive (drive). However, inside there are no boards with its support. How to use - is unclear.

Software. When you turn on once this screen appears where the user is asked what he would do: to program in BASIC or play games.

Basic us is not needed. Select game. Their three - "Duck", "glass" and "Python».

Well, with the "python" and "glass-Tetris" all clear.

All the while scratching their heads, for which it was developed? Industrial applications - no. Who needs in the production of the game? Home use - are not. In my estimation only one internal to the complexity of manufacturing to pull two or three thousand Soviet rubles excluding the cost of the TV! In those times (1989-th year) already being walked BKshki, UKNC and other computers, provided on a single board, and has great potential. I could not find any mention of it on the Internet. Probably, he was released only a very limited edition.

Tags

See also

New and interesting