Casual cube is very different from the familiar tourist brochures of the country's endless beaches, vintage cars and carnivals. Some habits of the inhabitants of the island cause the tourists a smile, some misunderstanding, however, almost all the quirks of Cubans have a rational explanation
- El palestino — the Russian analogue of the word "limit". So the people of Havana for the eyes ironically called provincials — visitors "from distant Palestine".
- Familiar to us glazed Windows — a rarity in Cuba, especially on the coast. Instead of plastic, wooden or aluminum blinds. It is practical — during the winter hurricane glass will immediately break.
- Cubans are turning to each other not on "you" and "you" — regardless of age and situation. Respect for the other person to Express by adding the words "Senor" or "Senora."
- Preparing black soup. Specific color correct becomes a thick soup with black beans.
- Think bananas not so much a dessert as side dish to meat dishes.
- Escape from the heat crushed ice drenched in syrup. Street vendors sell it in paper bag — like seeds.
- Do not wear in offices and state institutions in a suit and tie. Such clothing — a form of waiters and porters in hotels. Officials have a different dress-code: lightweight pants and a plain guayabera shirt short sleeve, worn untucked. The officially recommended form of a shirt made by Raul Castro in 2010.
- Stand in line, keeping a distance of a meter and a half. To approach the stranger is rude.
- Opening a bottle of rum, as if by chance spill a little drink on the ground. I think that a drop of rum appease the spirits (deliberately not to spill alcohol — free perfume will suspect cheating).
- To lure the money, Stokes tree trunks. Some palms and cotton trees in Havana called happy.
P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©