Unboxing GearVR

A couple of days ago I had glasses Samsung GearVR. Directly in Russia it was impossible to buy, so ordered by US address. As you know, GearVR only work with the phone Galaxy Note 4, and is currently "out of the box" only with the version on the processor from Qualcomm.

All packed in a beautiful white box.

Inside awaits us quality made cover with the inscription GearVR, with carrying handle.

Well, actually own glasses.

Comes with a USB flash drive 16 gb with content, cloth for cleaning lenses, removable foam seals and manual.

Glasses with a protective cover that serves as a purely decorative purposes.

Since Russia sold Galaxy Note only 4 processor Exynos, had a little dance with a tambourine to run the application Oculus Home on my phone. In the end, everything works just to cheer, no lags, the picture is fantastic (better than DK2)

Photos look great, the video is slightly worse due to the limited resolution of the file may lose the phone, but again better than DK2.

Toys still quite simple, but fascinating.

Most importantly, it points to the phone is absolutely not strain or even half an hour to remove their use is not desirable. My impressions are positive.

A couple of drawbacks, which are found at the moment:
- There is no possibility of recharging the phone at the same time using (had to buy dop.akkumulyator that is put in place of the rear cover)
- Overheating phone in some games with fancy graphics (you have to pause and give the phone to cool)

Source: geektimes.ru/post/243567/

Tags

See also

New and interesting