Best photos Wildlife Photographer 2013

Announced the 10 best pictures of the famous British competition. Wildlife Photographer of the Year - one of the most prestigious wildlife photography competitions in the world. In 2013, it was attended by both professionals and amateurs from all over the world.

For consideration by the judges was submitted 46,000 photos from 96 countries. Winners will be announced on October 15 and on October 18 will host an exhibition of the best photos of the competition in London's Natural History Museum. Marked by the jury pictures will be included in a book published by the museum in partnership with BBC Worldwide.

In the meantime, we present 10 of the best works of the contest.

In the fields of Switzerland

Photographer: Etienne Francey (15-17 years category), Switzerland.

Alpha males

These black-maned lions once controlled the territory of the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania, but were pushed back by four other lions.

Photographer Michael Nichols found them barricaded in the grass in the rain, "I've never seen these two alpha males together».

Gorilla twins

Photographer: Diana Rebman (endangered animals), Rwanda.

Portrait of reptiles

Lukas Bozhuchi sat motionless in the icy water almost the whole day to make this shot.

Photographer: Łukasz Bożycki (portraits of animals), Poland.

Feast on the Kuril Islands

Every year during the period from July to September, a huge number of sockeye migrate into fresh water lake in the Kuril Russia to spawn in their home waters. At this time the bears feast of the Kuril Islands.

Photographer: Valter Bernardeschi (animal behavior), Russia.

Black Pearl

"Caviar of frogs seems to me bizarre stretch pearls" - photographer Solvin Zankl.

Photographer: Solvin Zankl (Underwater World), Germany.

A moment before ...

"Lightning movement crocodile blocked fin turtles, and then grabbed her by the head of his jaw. For myself, I begged crocodile freeze for a moment, struggling to keep the camera steady to take a picture "- photographer Alejandro Prieto.

Photographer: Alejandro Prieto (animal behavior), Mexico.

Mushrooms trees

Thanks to choose the right angle and the resulting optical illusion these mushrooms height of 30 cm seem whole trees.

Photographer: Agorastos Papatsanis (creative mind), Greece.

Dugong

In the bay of Marsa Alam, Egypt, lovers of diving watch as dugong feed.

Photographer: Douglas Seifert (Underwater World), Egypt.

Tags

See also

New and interesting