We list the known facts:
1. The Great Pyramid is the largest pyramid in the world;
2. Pyramid perfectly oriented to the cardinal;
3. Built from carefully fitted stone blocks in the joint between them is impossible to insert a knife blade;
4. Sami blocks that built the pyramids, cut in quarries and brought over many hundreds of kilometers from the pyramid;
5. Technology of construction of the pyramid so perfect that neither before nor after anything like this or comparable complexity of construction in ancient Egypt was not built;
6. Only in the late 19th century, mankind has been able to build a facility above the pyramid - the Eiffel Tower in Paris;
7. In the pyramid no one signs at all, let alone labels indicating that it belongs to Cheops;
8. It is foolish to think that such a great work could do for the sake of one person even if the king;
9. From the above it follows that the pyramid could build only unknown advanced civilization, not the slaves of ancient Egypt;
So, there are no real facts - all these myths.
1. Great Pyramid of Cholula (Mexico), though below the Great Pyramid of Cheops, but much more of her in terms of - 4.45mln.kub.m. against 2.58mln. cbm
2. The error of the orientation of the pyramid to the cardinal was measured in the 19th century and is 5 arc-minutes and 30 seconds. This high precision, but is far from ideal.
3. At the junction of the external and internal facing of the pyramid is really impossible to insert a knife blade. But this applies only to the lining itself is a pyramid built of very roughly squared blocks of various sizes.
4. The pyramid is built from relatively soft limestone from quarries in the vicinity of the pyramids. More hard limestone for lining the outer edges of the pyramid were taken from the other bank of the Nile from quarries upstream at a distance of 13-17 km. But the granite that was used to overlap and facing one of the chambers of the pyramid (the King's Chamber), brought down the Nile from Aswan to Giza distance of more than 700km. But this is only a few hundredths of a percent of the total units of the pyramid.
5. Technology of construction of the pyramid is perfect, but only for the time. Pyramids were built before and after the Great Pyramid, and similar-size, though less. Stone construction technology has continued to evolve and after the era of the pyramids. If you open the Guinness Book of Records in the monumental structures, it will not find data about the pyramid of Cheops. But there are three other achievements of ancient Egypt unsurpassed to this day - the largest obelisk made of solid cast stone weighing 455 tons and a height of 36 meters (Stone Needle height of 12 floors), the biggest unfinished obelisk of monolithic stone (left in the quarry) - height 42mmetra weight 1168 tons, and, finally, the highest structural columns in the history of mankind - columns of the Temple of Amon at Karnak 21 meters.
6. At the end of the 13th century and early 14th century in medieval spiers of Gothic cathedrals rose above the pyramid of Cheops. In this case, the construction of the Gothic cathedral with engineering and architectural point of view, it is much more difficult to order construction of the pyramids.
7. There are several dozen inscriptions and technological marks found Weise and Perring in 1837 in the 4 upper discharge chamber of the Cheops pyramid in previously inaccessible areas. The inscription is written in red ink on the basis of ocher, and contain numerous references to the name of the Pharaoh Khufu (Cheops) in cartouches.
8. The grand funerary complex of the first emperor Qin Shi Huang unified China (3rd century BC) in labor costs to build a lot more than the whole complex of Khufu, including the Great Pyramid itself apart upper and lower temples, ceremonial roads and other buildings. In this famous terrakatovaya army - more than 8,000 carefully made and painted statues (increasing from 170 cm to 2 meters) soldiers, officers, generals, officials musicians, each with an individual person with real weapons and tools, chariots, horses, statues and silver gold trim harness, is out of the funeral complex Shi Huang. Center funerary complex truncated pyramid whose base is just more noticeable pyramid of Cheops. The wall surrounding the complex, longer than 6 km. Labored in the construction according to Chinese chronicles up to 700 thousand. Man. The poor man Cheops on this scale could not even dream of.
9. Pyramid of Cheops built not Atlanteans, and not aliens, and, of course, absolutely not slaves. Worked on the construction of artisans and peasants of ancient Egypt, the pharaoh his subjects. Today we know the history of the construction of the pyramids - from brick mastabas to the first stone step pyramid, and from them to the true pyramids. Each step of this evolution, growth in the size of the pyramids, construction technology known archaeologists and historians of ancient Egypt. The Great Pyramid did not appear out of nowhere.
However, Cheops was not the greatest builders of the pyramids. His father Sneferu built the three pyramids - at Meidum, the unique pyramid broken line and the famous pink. Each successive one was larger than the previous, the last two have comparable in size to the Great Pyramid and better preserved it. The total amount of these pyramids significantly exceeds the Great Pyramid.
Looking at the great pyramid today, we realize that this is not so much a monument to the ambitions of the pharaoh, his care for his eternal life after death, and a grand monument to human ingenuity and courage of the architect, created by the labor of thousands of anonymous builders four thousand and a half years ago, when the far mammoths still roamed the north, and in Europe, people are still living in the Stone Age.
Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan. Something like this might look like a pyramid of Cholula.
The lower part of the outer lining of surviving the Great Pyramid of Khufu. Right - granite cladding inner chamber (King).
Blocks of the pyramid of Khufu. Pay attention to the different size and very rough surface treatment.
Giant columns of Karnak temple.