Recently, a famous Hollywood film director James Cameron has safely got up from the depths of the Mariana Trench. A few hours bathyscaphe Deep Sea Challenger, which the filmmaker managed alone, spent at a depth of 11 kilometers in the so-called Challenger Abyss - the deepest point of the globe. Cameron became the third person in history who visited the bottom of the Mariana Trench, and the first - to make it alone. 1. At a depth of Cameron took samples of rocks and living organisms and spent filming with 3D-camera for his new documentary filma.
2. Batiskaf Deep Sea Challenger was developed with the direct participation rezhissera.
3. Cameron stands next to the bathyscaphe Deep Sea Challenger. The director is interested in oceanography since childhood and has made more than fifty deep-sea diving. The most famous - the study of the remains of the "Titanic" and dive into the depths of Lake Baikal. In both cases, we used the Russian bathyscaphe "Mir".
4. James Cameron became the first person to go to the bottom of the Mariana Trench in the past half century. Before him there in 1960, he visited Swiss engineer Jacques Piccard and US Navy Lieutenant Don Walsh, who stayed at the bottom of about 20 minut.
5. Batiskaf Deep Sea Challenger coming on board korablya.
6. Deep Sea Challenger in its operating position. See also: Small travel MirFactov.com tsunami of clouds covered the entire coast of Panama City. Monsanto - the city between giant boulders.