Fishing in India

Peculiarities of National Fishing
Says author and blogger Ivan Dementievsky photo: "Today, a story about a paradise on the Indian border with Nepal, where the rivers where the crocodiles were carried out, and rushed through the jungle elephants and rhinos. These forests are called the Terai, in fact, very real jungle. Now here everywhere people cornfields, but banana plantations. "

Early January morning (you have trembled from the cold?), There is, early January morning, heavy fog descends over the fields and river Chitwan, and residents of nearby villages gather at the river, where bathe, brush their teeth and wash his head. For accustomed to the 50 degree heat Nepalese morning mist is the epitome of winter, they were wrapped in warm clothes, and in the absence of winter hats-ushanok, wrapped his head with a cloth. And though the sun had long since risen, thick layers of fog did not want to dissipate. Looking at the ghostly images in the fog, I was going to have breakfast as the river approached by a group of Nepalese women with baskets. Well, probably also to bathe or wear off, I thought, watching the Nepalese girls climb into the water. Although where have you seen that have bathed with baskets, and I was curious, sho tse of Take? One of the Nepalese pass me, a little command of English and explained - it's fishing, serrr!
Wow, I thought, and the breakfast was forgotten.

From the place where I lived, to the river reach, well, 30 meters, not more. Therefore, even the day before, when I first came here, the river has been studied far and wide, and soon it became clear very shallow, lots of greenery, and full of little swimmers nepalchegov. Early in the morning to see women with baskets networks was a surprise for me.

But not one I felt some surprise, they also had to be surprised, still, the white man came, and watches! However, they soon calmed down and a young Nepalese even asked how old I am, and if I have a wife. In my very practical, no unnecessary questions only on the merits. Having found out that I was not quite old but have a family and children, I was no longer paying attention (yes, to whom I am needed there)))) and start fishing. The Nepalese understanding of this process.

No conventional rods, only this small net-net. Choose how they think most fish place, they dip net and slide it along the bottom, pulled to the surface of your catch. Caught mostly small stones and a lot of seaweed.

But the fog did not think at odds, however, it is sometimes the wind clocked slightly, but the steam from the water immediately fill the vacant space. And just as slowly,
as the flow of the river, women trawled muddy bottom. Silently, occasionally making brief remarks, as happens at present fishing. And if you do not look at them, you could not even imagine this classic fishing.

Naturally, I have a question, and then do something usual, but English of these women no one spoke. I had to explain gestures that did not help either, the classic gesture of the fisherman, with a maximum divorced hands here do not know. But I guessed the size of the fish, when one woman put it to himself in a small box tied at the waist. You see the size of it? Somov here is not exactly usual.

Within an hour, until the girls moved upstream to the bridge, they have not caught a single roach or perch, or that there should be usual. Probably not bite, or the lunar calendar today is not the best day for fishing. But no one is discouraged, on the contrary, now with jokes and laughter, not being afraid to scare away the fish, Nepalese roam the river, passing by the Nepalese pin up devchenok.

Meanwhile, people continue to wash, bathe ... shampoo, toothpaste, soap, it all falls into the water, and of course promotes fishing ...

In general, the catch has not happened, the girls gathered their gear and headed home, deal with the economy and the work in the field. I asked for the interest of the chef of the hotel in which he lived, actually ordered the fish and taste? He said that in reality, if brought. Later I saw the fish, small, Refried as if it chips, and the taste of fish there's nothing there.

The same girl who consulted my well-being.

©

Tags

See also

New and interesting