Lost civilization (23 photos)

The Russian North is mesmerizing as something unreal. Almost a world of shadows. The grandiose nature - unspoiled lakes and rivers, forest mushrooms, berries, fiery sunsets. And the absolute emptiness, silence, silence. A huge void, where the life is gone. Somewhere something similar to it is still warm. But most full life ended. Perhaps forever. Everywhere could be seen tangible remnants of the once great culture.

via community.livejournal.com/arch_heritage
ps the style of the author stored

Those who have been in the north, knows that the local huts are comparable in magnitude with the aristocratic houses of the Central Russian estates. I will not repeat platitudes about the artistic merits of wooden architecture, about the secrets of carpentry craft, subtle sense of harmony in the size and decor. All true. Blackened unpainted wood itself makes a strong impression. All Russian North primarily affects the feeling of something real, strong, honest. That there can be no compromise and colorful urban culture.

The world of shadows.
On the road Pudozh-Kargopol Pechnikova in the village still is a pointer - Kuchepalda 12 km. Turning on the dirt road (asphalt and there did not exist), you can get into the world completely dead. It is strange that the road is still not healed completely. But soon heal. Halfway to the end point in the middle of the field alone is impressive size tent church.

It Sretensky Michael's church in the former village of Red kick. Church venerable age - in 1655. It is rare for wooden architecture Poonezhya type octagon tent off the ground.

In the North, and it was such a little - Panilovo, White sluduyuschy, Astafyevo, Vyisky Ustiug and cemeteries, some more. In Astafieva temple fell in 1972, the others have gone before.

Status priceless masterpiece Red Lyage obviously does not help. The old machine of moribund. While still standing upright, only the cross looked. Around as the eye can see, nothing and no one. Perhaps the night goes wild beasts. Half a century ago, the temple was the center of a large village. In this hard to believe.

There was a karst lake, gone underground. People, too, are gone, who remained died. The pictures 70 are still visible past the house next to the temple. For now, just nothing, no one shed. Wildlife and the church - it is not clear how the surviving fragment of a lost world.

Near the church is somewhat surprising decorative paneling in the suburban Russian style. This is the result of renovation in the early 20th century. They write that there are pictures of her before repair. I do not see. Found only image-reconstruction Andrei Bode. This church was supposedly in the 17th century.

Inside the empty frame of the iconostasis and half dismantled heaven. Maybe the king in the Red Lyage solitude and saves until this temple. Would stand at a busy place, you see, would have long ago burned or dismantled for firewood as usual. And who will go here. Only travelers who mostly go to the North with good intentions. Maybe so. Or maybe not. I do not know. I only know that everything is fragile, fragile to pain. Around a mile of dry grass. Chirknet one match ... I really want to catch the next visit. At least this way, in a vacuum, with even more lopsided head. But the catch.

Five kilometers from the Red Lyagi the very zagodochnaya Kuchepalda to which the pointer is directed. It is a strange place. Probably something similar to the Chernobyl zone.

Only nature is not poisoned. A general that there are no people, but have their habitat. The village, home. The cemetery houses. The story is the same as in Lyage. It was a lake. Considerable judging largest crater is now barely noticeable. There was water, fish, boats, rafts, where women rinsed clothes. Again, it is almost impossible to believe. Kuchepalda, in addition to being a long-standing Old Believer village, a rare circular layout is interesting, when the street - more precisely, a single row of houses outlines a circle framing the lake.

All the houses looked at him. Perhaps it was an impressive ensemble. The village was large, it is difficult to say how many people lived there. I think more than one hundred. Now - silence. Lake spent in odnochaste, long time. Allegedly, people got up in the morning, and there is no water. Instead of the lake - an empty hopper.

I still can not understand what the karst water. But, they say, it is like deystvitelno. Residents began to leave. The rest survived a century in an abandoned village. A few years ago we cut off the electricity. Escheat place.

Half the houses are no longer - rotted, pilfered, they took with them who were resettled.

The remaining half - not a sight for the faint of heart.

No, no nightmares were not observed. But I have nowhere else experienced such oppressive feeling.

They can enter, the door opened, almost all the windows shattered or were spilled.

But more piercing just had to meet somewhere in the letter rasypannye pile on the table, cards from May 9, 1985 and newspaper packaging of tablets ...

Who is dying? How? What thoughts, memories, left the fate of these people?

Yes, it's hackneyed phrase, especially when you write them here, hundreds of miles from Kargopol. But there is really stung. Lump in my throat was

So far bypassed the village, we found that someone else lives there. Whether a single house, or two inhabited. Even in the sometimes visited by some who have left home or their relatives. Still, the village is doomed because already dead. He settled there for one strange man, an Old Believer's gonna put a chapel. It has a manual crane. The bird loves to pose for the photographers. Hand crane in an abandoned village - it's almost cinematic storyline. The movie is not for everyone, popularly called - abstruse.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting