Steve Wozniak: in fact, the film was basically a lie about me

In fact, the film was basically a lie about me. I was an engineer at HP, are developing the iPhone 5 that time, their engineering calculators. There I had a lot of friends and a good reputation. I create things for people all over the country for entertainment, including the first movie rental system for hotels and SMPTE timecode readers to the world of commercial video. More homemade pinball games.

Among these things, Apple I was the fifth case where something that I created (and not collected on the basis of someone's scheme), was converted into money Jobs. My game Pong gave him his job in Atari, but he never was an engineer or programmer. I was a regular member of the Homebrew Computer Club since its inception, but Jobs did not know of its existence. I took their schemes to meetings of the Club and showed there with great success. I was not unsociable, even though he was shy in relationships with others.

I shared his free schemes to help people who have supported the idea that computers are changing life in many ways (communications, education, productivity, etc.). I was inspired by Stanford intellectuals such as Jim Warren, speaking about it at meetings of the club.

Lee Felsenstein wanted to computers helped in organizing anti-war marches, which he organized in Oakland and I was inspired by the fact that these machines can help to stop the war. Other members of the Club have been working models that computer more before Jobs found out about it. One day he came, and I averted a meeting of the Club, not vice versa. He saw the club in terms of a businessman. In addition, it was I who told Jobs about what computers can benefit the whole of mankind, and not to me. I begged Steve to give the first Apple I a woman who introduces computers in schools, but he did so, I had to buy it and donate.

When I first met with Jobs, I already had all the albums by Bob Dylan, I was a big fan of his. In addition, I have had and bootlegs. Jobs knew several popular songs of Dylan and what belongs to the phrase "when you have nothing, you have nothing to lose." I showed Jobs lyrics and all notes of the album, and then took him to the music stores near San Jose and Berkeley to buy bootlegs of Dylan. I showed him the brochure quotes Dylan, articles and photos. In general, one can say that I discovered the world of Dylan for Jobs. I went to Auckland to midnight to buy concert tickets and take Dylan Jobs himself. Once, at the beginning of our friendship, he asked: who is better - Dylan or the Beatles? I have not had the Beatles album. We concluded that Dylan was more important, because He spoke about the important things, and expressed significant thought. So fans of the Beatles were to us than something like stupid sheep. Why do they have represented us in the film, as if listening Jobs Dylan, and I - Beatles?

And when Jobs (in the film, but in reality it did Council) refused to share in the shares' garage team "(some do not even show), I was surprised that they decided not to show how I paid share cost of about $ 10 million from its of the shares, because he thought it right. A $ 10 million then were a lot of money.

Also, pay attention to the time period shown in the film, when each computer designed Jobs, was a failure. And in each of these failures were invested millions of dollars. My Apple] [was developed without any investment was created by and for a minimum of components. Despite this, he was the only source of profit for the company during the first 10 years of its existence, even after Jobs resigned from her.

The film makes one think that the members of the board did not appreciate the excellent job Jobs on the Macintosh, but when sales fell to a few hundred pieces a month, and the stock price dropped by 50% in a short time, someone had to save the company. The right course was to work out every possible direction, engineering and marketing to make Mac sold, while Apple] [all this time supported us. This work was carried out Scully and others, besides this including entailed opening Macintosh.

The film shows that Steve was a motivator for the entire team Macintosh, but does not show that most of the team said that they would never work with him. The film does not show his contempt and attempts to destroy the Apple] [, the source of our income, in order that it does not compete with the Macintosh. The audience of the film would like to see a complete picture of events, and it may well be said that in many places had been deceived.

In addition, the ease of interaction with the computer came into the world the overwhelming part of the ideas Jef Raskin, a lot of things, and long before Jeff told us to look at the development of Xerox. Jeff's character was heavily distorted.

And if you think that this our investor (as well as shareholder and mentor), Mike Markkula was a puppet Jobs, then, alas, you have been deceived.

Mannerism and phrases Jobs motivational and you need a push to move forward. But this is also an important skill and craftsmanship to create products, popular enough to be sold more expensive than the cost of their creation. Jobs have not been successful in establishing such products to iPod (although OS X is worth mentioning in this context).

The audience would like to see such details in the movie, and about Jobs and Apple, but in the film it all seemed quite different.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/209768/

Tags

See also

New and interesting