Difficult conversation with the eldest daughter who deprived the mother of sleep

Property issues are always associated with some quarrels and scandals. Parents can’t decide who gets it. Kids have been eating every pot for years. Do you need an apartment for adult children? Sure! That's just how conscientiously to divide it between children. That's what our story is about today.

Editorial "Site" He will tell about a difficult life situation that deprived the mother of two daughters of sleep for a long time.

Today I stayed up all night in my apartment. My eldest daughter Marinka came and started a serious conversation, after which I did not want to eat or sleep. But perhaps this is not the place to start.

My husband and I have two daughters. The eldest daughter Marina and the youngest is Tanya. It always seemed to me that I loved them equally, always gave everything equally so that there were no offenses. However, there is no heat between them. Marinka always thought we loved Tanya more. One day she even said that Tanya is for love, and I am for errands. It was a shame because I love them both equally.

My husband and I worked all our lives to make sure they had everything. They didn't demand anything in return. But recently there was a problem - my husband became very ill. And, to tell the truth, if it wasn't for Marina, he wouldn't be here. She took him to the best doctors, paid for part of the treatment, ran to the hospital to see him. My health is not like running like that. I could have been 10 years ago, but I’m almost 80.

In general, Marisha's father came out. I came back from the sanatorium the other day. Then my daughter came to us for a serious conversation that has matured for a long time. We haven't saved much in our lives. Our most valuable property is a three-bedroom apartment. In fact, she became the subject of our conversation.

Marinka wants us to sign up for her apartment right now. Like she's looking after us. And in the event that only she can take care of us. The youngest has neither money nor opportunity. She is on maternity leave with two children. What's the demand? She has a baby. And they live in a rented apartment.

But Marina is adamant. She said if you don't want to rewrite the apartment, don't. Divide it equally, but then you have problems too. If Tanya doesn't come, I won't either. And she added that Tanya will only share our will. That's what she said. That's why I left.

I was so hurt, so sad. I understand, of course, that Marina is right about something, but how can I give everything to one daughter? What's the other one gonna do? She has two kids. How can a good mother do that? I don't know what to do.

Editorial opinion The situation is, of course, complicated. You can't just judge what's right. We understand very well the feelings of a poor mother who has had a difficult choice. Adult children need an apartment the same way, but should they share it? It seems to us that Marina is entitled to most of her care for her parents. What do you think? Is that the right thing to do?

Tags

See also

New and interesting