Elementary Watson!

If you ask someone what he had associated the concept of "literature" and "detective", I'm sure that the majority did not hesitate to answer: "Sherlock Holmes." For me personally, as works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle about detective deduktiviste - benchmark of the detective genre. Forgive me, Agatha Christie, Rex Stout, Georges Simenon and other masters of detective fiction, but Sherlock Holmes - is Ze Best. The image of a detective in a plaid with a tube inspires filmmakers until now (remember only Guy Ritchie with his bespontovye Action "Sherlock Holmes»).

The first actor, played the role of Holmes on the big screen, it is considered a Dane Viggo Larsen - from 1908 to 1910 he managed to star in five films, which is called "Sherlock Holmes 1, 2, 3 ..." as well as a whole series entitled "Arsen Lupin vs. Sherlock Holmes. " By the way, Larsen was also a director of these films

From 1914 to 1920 in Germany, was shot a whole, as it is now fashionable to say, the saga of one novel Conan Doyle - Hound of the Baskervilles. I do not know how they stretched the plot of "dogs" as much as six episodes, but the fact remains. A Holmes in this time "example" actor Alvin Neuss

In the 20s in the UK was filmed several movies about the adventures of Holmes, in which the main roles performed by different actors

John Barrymore

Carlyle Blackwell

Clive Brook

Eyl Norwood

In 1939 there was a film that marked the beginning of "pedigree" of famous duos of actors performing the role of Holmes and Watson. Before that Watson in the films about Holmes considered as "furniture", all focused on the adventures of the detective. Basil Rathbone as Holmes and Nigel Bruce as Watson first appeared in the film "The Hound of the Baskervilles" and soon became favorites of the audience

Basil Rathbone

Rathbone and Bruce

Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce occupied a niche in the Holmes and Watson seven years. From 1939 to 1946, it was filmed 14 films in different stories of Conan Doyle. While the war was in full swing in Europe, in America shot, shoot, shoot ... The result - over the years images of detective with a pipe and his faithful assistant evolved from cardboard characters to a live, "juicy" characters. Especially because this contributed all - the technology of filmmaking evolved at an incredible speed ...

In 1959 the British director Terence Fisher tried to interpret the "Hound of the Baskervilles" as a horror film. The slogan of the film was the phrase "The most terrifying adventure of Sherlock Holmes." Investigators in the film adaptation of Peter Cushing played, and the role of Sir Henry Baskerville starred Christopher Lee, better known as Dracula and Sauron from "Lord of the Rings»

Peter Cushing

In the 1970 film "The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes' detective writers tried to marry a Russian ballerina and forced him to portray a gay man. Needless to say, the works of Conan Doyle, this picture names rather mediocre attitude, but fun Holmes by Robert Stevens audience amused

The role of Sherlock Holmes in time to try on and Roger Moore, whom we all know in the first place, as one of the Bond. It was a once - in 1976 in the film "Sherlock Holmes in New York." Cinema has turned to be extremely baby, and Moore, there is not particularly shine. In general, there were Holmes and better

The 80 best kinosyschika pedestal occupied Soviet actor Vasily Livanov. His duet with Vitaly Solomin as Watson, according to most critics, not only Soviet, but also foreign, reached the bar that once put Rathbone and Bruce. Livanov and Solomin worked perfectly, their characters believe they have no hypocrisy - which is why these actors in the roles of Holmes and Watson I like the most. And it's not just patriotism - just, in my opinion, Lebanon is like most Holmes book, he describes how Conan Doyle, and the book I once read avidly

It's funny that the aforementioned Christopher Lee, who in the film with Cushing played the role of Sir Henry, in 1991 and waited as Holmes. "Incident at Victoria Falls" - children's movie that I saw a few times back in the early grades, and found it cool. However, there is quite an old Holmes)

In 1993 he was made a detective "London bloodhound" with Patrick Macnee as Holmes. The film also from the category of children, but I reviewed it recently and I liked it. Macnee as Holmes does Granddaddy, and Watson already creaking joints, but still well done!

Here I confess honestly do not really like the actor Rupert Everett for what he is, in my opinion, profukannyh role Melehova in the movie "The Quiet Don" Sholokhov (yes, and this was a Russian-Italian project), and when she learned that he still managed to play and Holmes in the 2004 film "The Case of the Silk Stocking", generally it razobidelas. Well, what of it with a piercing look macho detective EPT! What is the view of "Serve, for Christ's sake" on the poster?

About that made the history of Conan Doyle, Guy Ritchie, in my opinion has changed after the second show of his "Sherlock Holmes". The first time I watched this blockbuster at the cinema, and I could not believe my eyes. Sherlock Holmes claret drinks, swears, runs after women, and udelyvaet bad guys worse than Rambo. But then when I looked creation Ritchie for the second time, I realized that Guy, in general, well done - it does not prostebalsya over Holmes book, and just showed him the way audiences have not seen it yet, but certainly were. And besides, I really liked Robert Downey Jr. as Holmes. I have nothing against Jude Law, but Watson for me against the background of Downey looked at all the gray mouse. Downey done - this guy definitely has the talent to do out poop candy, such as it was in "Iron Man».

In the wake of the success of the blockbuster Richie in the UK decided to withdraw under cover of a series about the adventures of the famous detective called simply "Sherlock." The role it played Holmes unknown to me an actor with the unpronounceable name of Benedict Cumberbatch. Purely for fun I decided to look at least one episode of this creation - and looked. Nothing special. This Cumberbatch some wood, it is not an iota of charm Livanov, or even Patrick Macnee. Moreover and operation nowadays occurs. Why do things - be transferred immediately to another planet to blue Holmes Avatars bare priests ran, which is already there))

Tags

See also

New and interesting