Beyonce for GQ

In the January issue of GQ magazine published the top of the hottest women of the 21st century. Beyonce, deservedly, headed by him, received the title of "Miss Millennium". In 2013, the singer has already sold 75 million albums worldwide, returns to the stage after a brief interruption due to the birth of daughter Blue Ivy, and in its traditional scale - with the performance during a break in the Super Bowl, a documentary for HBO, a contract with Pepsi on $ 50 million, the fifth studio album, which will appear on the shelves of music stores in April and world tour to support the album.

On his career:
I worked a lot with children, in order to achieve its goal - to 30 years to be able to do what I want. I have come to this. I feel very happy in such a position. But I sacrificed a lot, I worked harder than anyone - or anyone I know, at least in the music industry. So I have to remind myself that I really deserve all this.
As it turned out, the singer in her office in Manhattan is a special room, which she calls "crazy archive." The room - it is certainly an understatement. In fact, this whole store, which maintains the desired temperature and is virtually everything associated with Beyonce - every picture of her, from the time of Destiny's Child, every interview she ever gave, a record of each of its performances, and video diary that she writes for many years on webcam.

In addition to the "sanctuary" are thousands and thousands of hours of personal video materials of concern "Visual Director". It is, since 2005, takes literally every step Beyonce, sometimes up to 16 hours a day. These frames singer can be seen in full regalia on stage without makeup in the dressing room, at the dinner with her husband, or right before bed.
Above the digital repository is now active work - organizing materials, attach labels and stickers, so that, if necessary, every thing can be found easily.

During the tour, after each performance Beyoncé returns to his hotel room and looks just finished recording the show, criticizing themselves, the dancers and the operator. The next day, all the participants of the show get lists of observations and recommendations.

One of the reasons why the Super Bowl is close to me, that's what I feel about her performances as an athlete. You know, they sit before games and learn yourself and your opponent? I'm just so treat this. I would like to I could just enjoy the spectacle, but I pay attention to the light that came on too late. I look and think, "Oh my God, this hairstyle is not really me," or "Here's what I will never in my life will not do." I strive for perfection. I want to grow and I'm always open to new information
Beyonce loves to be on stage and this is the only case when her inner critic becomes silent, and after many rehearsals difficult, it can afford anything not to think:
I love my job, but that's not all - I need it. Because before I became a mother, it was the only time in my life when I was completely lost. In a good way. It's like a blackout. When I'm on stage, I do not understand what is happening. I like not.

I talked with a journalist and the younger sister of Beyonce - Solange.

I have very early memories of how she rehearses alone in his room. Especially good as I remember, it took some one line of the song or one movement and repeat it over and over until it was perfect. At age 10, when any other child would say, "Okay, I'm tired. Let's take a break, "she was ready to overcome difficulties and to hone skills.
In addition, the older sister, while still being quite a shy girl, forget about it when it was necessary to protect Solange:

You can not imagine how many girls and boys at my school will tell you that Beyonce came and threatened them with violence if they get me.

Tags

See also

New and interesting