Beyoncé Knowles / Beyonce Knowles

Beyonce (full name Beyonce Giselle Knowles) was born September 4, 1981 in Houston, Texas. His first steps to the big stage Beyonce begins at the age of 7 years doing dancing and participating in the church choir. This is largely determines its future path. In the early '90s Beyonce with her cousin Kelly Rowland and Lataviey Roberson form a team. Soon, the group joins another participant Latoya Luckett, and the trio turns into a creative quartet. Group manager becomes father Beyonce - Mathew Knowles. So begins the ascent of one of the greatest female R'n'B-groups - Destiny's Child.

In 1998, the band recorded their self-titled debut album Destiny's Child. The first album, is successful and becomes multi-platinum status. Plate diverges worldwide circulation of 33 million. Copies. The main single from the album «No No No», produced by Wyclef Jean, breaks on top of the charts the USA and UK. In summer 1999 the second album «The Writing's On The Wall». A year later left the band two participants - Roberson and Luckett. Explaining the reason for his departure financial disagreements with the manager of the group Knowles, who is also, according to the girls, pays too much attention to the team of his daughter and niece.

Farrah Franklin and Michelle Williams are coming to replace the two departed member. But the dramatic events taking place in the group, not an end, and six months later, Franklin left the band. Its future activities Destiny's Child has been going on three, and Beyoncé Knowles takes the role of the team leader and the author of many songs. In the spring of 2001 on the shelves of music stores there is a new work group - the album «Survivor», which once ranked first in the US charts.

In October, the trio pleases its fans with his Christmas album "8 Days of Christmas». But soon Knowles, Rowland and Michelle Williams decide to suspend the activities of the group and went solo. "I love Destiny's Child, and I'm still in the group. We are not going to fall apart, we plan to continue to speak and write music, and most importantly - to be a band, "- said Beyonce.

Beyonce becomes the first black performer and the second woman to be awarded the award for "The author of pop songs of the year", being established annually by the American Society of Composers and Authors (ASCAP). In 2001, Knowles made her debut as an actress, starring in the stage show MTV «Carmen: A Hip Hopera», and in 2002 on the screens out comedy «Austin Powers: Goldmember», where the singer played the role of Foxxy Cleopatra. In the soundtrack sounds first solo single, Beyonce «Work It Out», written in collaboration with The Neptunes.

In summer 2003, Beyoncé Knowles released her first solo album «Dangerously In Love». Recorded disc attended by stars such as Missy Elliott, Sean Paul, Big Boi from the group Outkast, and Jay-Z. «Dangerously In Love» firmly holds first place in the charts of Billboard 2003. The album much different from what Beyonce did in the group Destiny's Child. "Basically, the work on a solo album was a chance for me to grow as a writer and as a performer. To record a solo album, it was more difficult than to record an album with Destiny's Child. I want people who will listen to my album, heard all those musical styles ranging from hip-hop and jazz ending, which had a strong influence on me when I was recording the album, "- commented the singer.

The first single from the album «Crazy Love», recorded a duet with Jay-Z, determines the sound of the album as a whole. In «Dangerously In Love» included such hits as «Me, Myself and I», «Baby Boy». Two months after the release of the album on the music awards ceremony MTV Video Music Awards, Beyonce was awarded two prizes for "Best Female Video" and "Best Rhythm and blues-video" and clip «Crazy In Love» wins in the category "Best choreography in the video. " Duet with Jay-Z «Crazy In Love» becomes a "Best Song" at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2003 Beyonce and she wins the nomination "The best rhythm and blues singer».

At the end of the year comes another film with stars - «The Fighting Temptation», Beyonce partner on the film becomes Cuba Gooding Jr. In February 2004, the singer nominated for a 6 awards Grammy.

Tags

See also

New and interesting