3 unexpected benefits of marriage

In my younger years I was a real womanizer. I wanted to have sex with a number of women. Unfortunately, for some time it was an integral part of my unhealthy personality.

I dated several girls and each promised something. However, I am absolutely not worried about what they can learn about each other because they could always find a replacement.

It was a carefree, empty life. I didn't care about anything except satisfy your own ego.

My obsession with sex was associated with fear of commitment and a deep conviction that genuine relationships do not exist. I didn't want to let anyone get too close to him, and instead satisfy his need for love with a quality relationship, I'm chasing a number.

A side effect of all this was that over the years I have developed a number of beliefs regarding devotion and marriage to justify my own behavior. I considered marriage an outdated tradition. Men and women are biologically predisposed to be promiscuous. Cheating is inevitable, and the devotion to impractical and tantamount to a glass prison.

As time went on. I gained experience and thought I knew about this topic almost all. I studied biology, anthropology, and gender differences. Five years ago, I even wrote in my blog some articles that we will be the first generation that will break the shackles of monogamy. I was thinking about the meaning of marriage and whether I will ever settle down.

(Those articles are no longer relevant, believe me.)

Now I'm married. And I like it. So what happened?

But a lot of things.

First, I met the girl.

Secondly, I have matured.

I realized that the fascination with sex doesn't make me a good person or a "real man" like I thought before. When I calmed down and let go of my fears, I began to discover the many unexpected advantages of a huge dedication to one person.

1. Devotion saves mental and emotional energy for more important things

I spent a huge amount of time and effort worrying about the following things:

• what I thought about women.

• how attractive they were;

• plans to meet with all women, which I liked;

• how attractive to the opposite sex I was in one time or another;

• where to have sex;

• when will I have sex when I had it last time, did I screw up then and so on;

• how and where do I meet more women.

• what they should be.

My wife has repeatedly told me that I "changed" since, as made her an offer of marriage in 2015. And here's why. When I asked her to marry me, saying that want to live her all my life, my brain realized that he didn't have to worry about the above things.

For a long time, they take up too much of my mental "RAM". In fact, I, like any other single person, went through periods of absolute obsession with analyzing every word and spend hours on end fantasizing about how everything will be.

At some point it has ceased to excite me. I began to feel free. Now I care about things that really mean something to me (e.g. my job). Also I had a lot of free time which I spend on old and new Hobbies. I read more books. Don't hang out in bars. Life is beautiful.

2. Permanent partner makes You much more productive

I don't know how to cook. Just do not know how. I feel completely helpless and useless, like a deaf man, caught in a Symphony orchestra.

Earlier, due to the fact that I didn't know how to approach the stove – I ate a lot of shit.

Once You decide to unite your life with another person, you become a team and will complement each other. If something bad happens, You can ask to do it to your partner and Vice versa.

My wife helped me become more healthy, intelligent and productive person just because she has the life skills that are not available to me for one reason or another. The same I can say about it. We literally complement each other.

Besides, I always go full, which says a lot.

3. The psychological value of creating a shared history

In his twenty-plus years, I went on a trip around the world. I got an unforgettable experience, but in the end, looking back, I felt that it was all meaningless.

After my wife started Dating me, she quit her job and we traveled the world together for two years. Traveling with her was in many ways more difficult than one, but the memories about this experience is invaluable for the simple reason that they are shared.

The most surprising is that they eventually become even more important.

Everyone knows that finding true friends is very difficult. There are only a few people in the world who know You for more than five to ten years. And You, of course, appreciate and respect them. After you create the family You now create a shared history with a man who knows literally everything about Your life and be with You in sorrow and in joy, "until death do you part."published

Author: Alexander Dino

Also interesting: the Market relationships, or the Illusion of love

Happy women never rebel

Source: muz4in.net/news/tri_neozhidannykh_preimushhestva_braka/2016-12-31-42557

Tags

See also

New and interesting