Without punishment and cry: 5 books about tantrums, discipline and education

Sooner or later, on the way parents have questions, to summarize that: "How to educate, not to push authority, but also to avoid connivance?". After reviewing the books review that has prepared recently the project Polavkam.ru you will be able to select the author that will help you to find a "middle ground" on matters of discipline, punishment and rewards.

Karen Pryor "don't growl at the dog"

The book represents the work of biologist and tamer dolphins, dogs and horses. "Where are the children?" — you will ask. The fact that the author, training dolphins using positive reinforcement has made progress and began to use this method and with other animals. Later, Karen began to notice that in relationships with other people, he gives an excellent result.

The theoretical basis of the book is the theory of behaviorism — one of the main areas of psychology, which studies the behavior of people and animals. The author lectured, wrote articles, spoke before a large audience, including parents. According to Karen, no to the publication before us, did not write about the rules of the theory of reinforcement so that they can be in everyday life, in ordinary practical situations. "So I decided to write a book about how I understand these principles, as they are correctly and incorrectly used in real life."

Through this book you will be able to understand the fundamental principle that lies at the heart of any learning, and will learn how to apply it in different situations, whether it is the upbringing of the child, communication with a loved one or a boss.

Alexander Vasiliev, Elena Lyubimova "I'm tired of screaming"

This book I would recommend to read for those people who are taking the first steps in getting acquainted with child psychology or do not want excessively to go into the children's circle. Those who read the literature on parenting regularly, tend to get a little bored from reading about the features of manifestations of crises in a year, three and seven again. On the other hand, repetition is the mother of learning, and the authors in the publication use a lot of practical examples from experience.

I propose to dwell on the positive aspects of the work. There are parents and grandparents, for which it is necessary to present the material as simply as possible and closer to the Russian reality. And the text in the book is typed in fairly large font, so I'm sure it will find its reader.

From the book you will learn how rituals can save him from the vagaries of whether there is a sense in punishment what to do if the child bites and fights. The authors tell you what to do if a child bites out of anger or with the purpose of attracting attention and showing aggression towards others.

Thomas Gordon, "How to instill in your child the discipline"

Book written by American psychologist who was three times nominated for the Nobel prize. Thomas is the author of the methods and programs of psychological trainings for parents, father of two daughters. What do you think, can children order on their own, to be free and disciplined at the same time? Thomas assures us that they can. What's more, it offers an alternative to the control children, and analyzes numerous examples from our daily interactions with children.

From the book you will learn about the deficiencies and dangers of punishment and you will understand why we can't count on efficiency incentives. "I firmly believe that the single most important cause of severe stress and tension in families where there is a teenager is that parents are trying to rely on the government, when in fact they no longer have any power. They are not aware of the fact that the lack of power left them without influence. Moreover, another way to influence they do not know. Accordingly, children have the freedom and do whatever they want. Then their parents wrongly accused of excessive indulgence. But they are not indulgent parents — they are authoritarian parents who have lost their power."

Elizabeth Pantly "Discipline without punishments and screaming"

This book will help to establish contact with the child, avoiding stress and tears. You will understand the motives and emotions that are inherent in the child's behavior.

In an easy to read table lists the many causes of children's tantrums, whims and whining and the possible ways of their resolution. On its pages you will find specific solutions to such problems as: the unwillingness to bathe or to get out of the bath, brushing teeth, sharing toys, using screaming, swearing, rude humor and name-calling. You know what to do when a child does not respond to your request, intervenes in the conversations, cheats, bites, fights and bullies.

Ludmila Petranovskoj "If the child is difficult"

If you understand that the relationship with the child something is not as you would like, or his behavior does not suit you, you are on the right track.

The book consists of two parts, the first of which gives the reader an understanding of the relationship of the behavior and our relationship with the child, in other words, what prevents the child to behave better. The second part includes the algorithm behavior changes step by step. By the way, the main thoughts of the author articulated on the attachment in the "Secret support", then fixed.

Buy the soul: Parents give everything, but gain childrenFood violence: a Spoon for mom, spoon for dad!

Here you will find the cunning tricks and magic techniques, on the contrary, Lyudmila Vladimirovna calls us not to rush and give yourself time for thought. And I think in the company of the author is very comfortable, because this psychologist is very careful to parental feelings.published

Author: Svetlana Pyatnitskaya

Source: ponaroshku.ru/blog/polavkam-obzor-knig-o-kaprizakh-distsipline-vospitanii/

Tags

See also

New and interesting