Nicolai Fuglsig - boring, quick, shy, immodest director "ball» Sony

Director, received some inhuman amount of awards for his work «Balls» for Sony Bravia and claiming this year's award DGA, is very Russian name of Nicolai and unpronounceable at first glance the Danish name Fuglsig.
In fact, it reads like Fuls (accent on the I), so nothing difficult in it. Exactly as things with his roller. They intricate and simple. But everyone - certainly beautiful.

The current director of the "first list", the Dane Nicholas Fuls first was a documentary photographer. Dangle the world, pictures of all sorts of events. I must say, not without success. He has won several prestigious journalism awards, his work is regularly published in book form. In 1999, for example, he published a book of photographs from Russia, which was called "In the shadow of a nuclear bomb," for which at the Kodak Prize he was awarded "the best photographer in the world (under 30 years)».

In its mission to Kosovo, he took a small camera, which filmed all that he saw. The result was the film "The Return of the exiled" of Albanians forced entire families to leave their homes. Film tragedy resonated in a professional environment. And soon, the company Levi's, ponder documentary series and advertising «Reel Revolution», invited Nicholas to remove one of the rollers.

& quot; I started to shoot advertising, because my style of documentary has always been kinemmatografichnym. As the style of my photos has always been the style of film noir, strong, dark and monochrome «.

Fuls shot in Haiti is very grim and mysterious whether film, or video on voodoo rituals - Commercial outstanding view of the inside of voodoo. The story told by a very unusual visual language.

"I'm invited to the shooting of this voodoo, I entered the kontakst voodoo priests in small villages. These priests helped me to remake Levi's, who wore one of them. I have great respect for their religion, and all that was in the movie - now even a severed chicken head. 150 Voodoo came together and we shot 8-hour ceremony. We had no electricity and had to cover the area of ​​motor vehicle headlights and spotlights prison, located near ».

It was the first and last so gloomy his work. After that he became "light" and "light" until it finally took off some of the light and the good work of recent years, "Balls», «Magic» for JCPenney and ginnessovsky «Tipping Point». Nikolai for a baby and at the same time a serious outlook on life. On the one hand he navidalsya horrors in the Balkans, on the other hand he causes a lot of feelings frog jumped out of the tube at home in San Francisco.

"I ruthlessly disciplined. And running very quickly. Because I come from the photojournalistic backgrounds. I always tell people that I can get detours into the room and at the very moment when I turn around, I can shoot me right object from the right angle. So I shot politicians and many other subtle and awkward fellow, so very quickly learned to stand directly in front of the object as, I believe, is the best shot, and then experiment. »

"I always create models of all plans. As a military plan for such work. I paint every door in each house. And I you, damn it, no kidding. I was very surprised when I saw how many teams around the world were delighted by the fact that I give them a complete 3D-model of all the houses, cars and everything else, I'm going to take off. And then we have all together - I, the operator, the art department, agency, all anyone - are trying to find new perspectives and interesting perspectives that are sometimes hidden, if you do not work with 3D-model ».

"I was amazed when many teams say," We have never worked with a man who runs so fast and so energetic that you - you're on crack cocaine or something like that? ". And I think that I would die if I tried dope! I like to work very quickly. And I always say. I'm talking, talking, talking, talking, talking, talking ... I always get better and am making the addition to acting in the game, and the work of operators. That's why I can get tens of thousands of balls in the air simultaneously.
Awesome I loved the script, "balls", when I got it. They wanted to shoot Spike Jonze, Noam Murro and seems, Mike Mills ... I think I got this movie, because I came up with an idea how to shoot cannon balls. I militarized poludurok, came up with these tools and found the guy in Hollywood who could do them in my sketches. The agency thought the balls just fall down the streets of the truck, but I thought that it was a gun will make their aircraft. And I came up with a frog. And the fact that it is necessary to shoot in San Francisco, but no one then did not think that this is a super idea. This video took all my brain, because I was turns reveals as a child. And we were all sitting on the set. It was the sumasshednaya, kryshesnosyaschy, impressive, magical thing that I have ever seen and experienced in my life. »

"The most interesting thing is that after this movie came to me a pack completely crappy script. I was shocked. "Balls" was a real art. So I do not shoot very much. Once I got over the "ball" of 12 awards in 48 hours. I do not chase after them, but I try to shoot cinematic mini-stories, so I was happy that so many people realized what kind of work we have done. Gold in Cannes, held later, it was for this honor. I would be happy, even if I got the bronze for more and I did not expect »

via adme.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting