Not only did she beat the cancer in 89 years ... What did she do after that - is admirable!

Old age - while well-deserved rest and quiet withering. So, at least, thinks the majority of our compatriots. Harriet Thompson History proves that even in very old age, the man still has room to grow and what to achieve. This cheeful lady for the first time took part in the marathon at the age of 76 years. Since then it has steadily ran a marathon every year. Unfortunately, 12 years later an elderly runners diagnosed squamous cell carcinoma. Can you imagine, what were her chances of a successful outcome of medicinal procedures in this advanced age. However, the woman once again proved - for a strong body and spirit there is no insurmountable obstacles!

Cancer has overtaken Harriet in 2012. In 2014, 2 years after the operation, she was allowed to continue to practice, and in July indefatigable marathon runner again stormed! «The hills on the last miles in these mountains looked» i>, - shares his impressions Harriet. «Nevertheless, encouraging shouts of the audience helped me to reach the final» i>. And walk not with empty hands, because this woman broke the world record in its category!

Recent studies have shown that each hour spent on sport exercises to you, your life expectancy increases by two hours. Harriet and other mature athlete who becomes every year more and more - vivid proof. However, you should not overdo it! Here are some basic tips to follow that, you will make your life longer and healthier:

1. Not all at once. Start with jogging, alternating it with walking. Over time, as your stamina will increase, periods trims walk and run around longer.

2. Be consistent. Every day is allocated least half an hour to run, race walking, or something like that.

3. Eat wisely. To be always full of energy, include in your diet food, rich in complex carbohydrates and lean protein.

4. Finally, the council itself from Harriet. Sleep enough and drink plenty of water.

Impressed elderly champion in history? Share with your friend!

www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/success-stories/91-year-old-marathoner

Tags

See also

New and interesting